THIRTYONE|FACADE

Marus

Marus.
His name was Marus.

The boy that broke my heart..

He left me.
He loved me and then he left me.
Sometimes I doubt he ever even felt for me.
But one thing I knew was true.

I loved him.
So deeply and impossibly, that it made my heart ache just thinking about.

He saved me and then he left me in even more danger then he stole me from in the first place.

I was naive.
I was blind.

Blind to his intentions, blind to see that in reality...
He was a cliff, and I willingly threw myself over the edge over and over again.

Never pausing or hesitating to think about the damage it could do to the both of us.

He was a wave, crashing over me, sweeping me away from the creatures that roamed the shore.
I thought that he was good.
I thought that he cared.

But in reality he was drowning me, swallowing me beneath his darkest depths without me even realising...and when I did realise it was already too late, I was already drowning.

I had already drowned.

***

I didn't care that he was leaving me.
-I couldn't.

Maybe he would be killed in battle.
-Maybe that would be best.

But try as I might, I couldn't wish for his death. Something within me screamed against it. What would happen to us if he left?

I wouldn't care.
I didn't care.

Three more nights.
Three more nights until the Altum ball, and then when I awoke the next morning... He would be gone.
Maybe I would never see him again.
Maybe I didn't want to.

I had been left before, this would be no different.
Because in the end... Everyone always left.

I hadn't gotten attached, definitely not to the Alpha.
I couldn't have.
I wouldn't allow myself.

Blood crawled down her face, rich and beautiful.
She stuttered and coughed as her legs buckled beneath her and her body crumpled to the floor.
Lifeless.

She was a rogue.
She did not belong to anyone nor anything.
No one would miss her.

I abandoned the body, washing my hands of her blood in the nearby river.
The water crashed white against the rocks in a violent dance.

Another kill.
Another day.

***

I walked into the pack house with empty hands, no trace of her left upon my body.

A large gathering of females stood around the kitchen, whispering amongst themselves. Some were crying, some looked outraged.

They grew quiet as I approached, glaring at me through tear stained and blood shot eyes.

"What's wrong with you." One woman spat. "Our mates are going off to fight for this pack, your pack! Yet you couldn't care less! They mean nothing to you...We mean nothing to you. Our lives, our families. Instead you disappear off at all hours of the night!"

"You're not fit to be Luna."

Anger clawed at my chest, begging to tear free and destroy these females. To destroy something beautiful.

This sudden unprovoked outburst from them had my wolf backed up against a wall, no escape from their torment except from with blood. We had no way with words, no way to resolve this. I didn't want to resolve it peacefully, my whole body ached for their blood, thick and scarlet and beautiful, in a way.

A girl with hair as red as flames stepped out from the crowd.
"We need someone worthy of the Luna title, someone that actually gives two shits about this pack!"

I snarled at the woman, my beast rising within me. I tried to suppress her. My body was strong but my mind was not, and it took all of my strength to keep her down.

She would kill them without a second thought.

I had no words, I had a handful of letters but no way to put them together, no way to communicate everything that I wanted to say.

"You don't deserve this pack."

The letters fell from my hands, scattering across the marble floor in every direction.

I had no words, because they were right.

I didn't care.
I didn't deserve them.

But a strange feeling arose within me, a feeling of fight, but not in a violent way, that's what was so strange about it. It held no violence towards them, I wanted to scream and tell that I did care, that I wanted them and that I was trying to to the best I could for them.

But I couldn't.
Because I didn't care.
And I wasn't trying.
Not for one moment had I stopped to think about them.

Instead they pulled the lingering shame from deep within me, making me bow my head and utter the words that had never before left my lips.

"I'm sorry."

***
It's christmasssssgsgdjrjej
Also I know this chapter is really shit but oh well life goes on
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟