FORTYFOUR|RUN

He turned to leave, but before I could even think about what I was doing my hand shot out to grab his wrist

He turned to leave, but before I could even think about what I was doing my hand shot out to grab his wrist. "Hades please, just let me explain and then you can leave, you'll never have to see me again." I pleaded, my voice breaking. "I promise."

He didn't say a word, but his eyes begged me to go on more than his lips would ever allow.

"I first met Marus in Pennhurst. He was the only one that would even come near me, let alone speak to me. We became friends. He couldn't stop what they would do to me... but he made living bearable. He was the only thing I had... Hades I had nothing."

He shifted uncomfortably, I doubted he even knew about the guards and they're rough hands. "It didn't mean anything at first, we would seek solace in one another. We didn't mean for it to become anything... it wasn't meant to be anything."

"Yes, we would fuck. -But I wouldn't go so far as to call it love. He wouldn't have cared for me as much as he said if he left me." I was no longer worrying about words, they flew from my tongue before I could stop them. I had never realised just how much I kept buried deep inside me. "He left me Hades, he left me right when I needed him most. He vanished in the middle of the night. It was our plan to one day escape together but he would always put it off, and I never knew why."

"He kept so much from me, all of this." I gestured to the window. "He was a Lycan and he never told me, he never told me anything, and I told him everything."

"I didn't see him for years." I stared out the window, watching the path of a lone bird. "I thought he had forgotten about me."

"Untill now."

It was silent for a long while, until Hades spoke, his voice so quiet I almost didn't hear. "Thank you."

"For what?" I said almost defensively. I didn't mean to snap it just happened.

"For everything."

And with that he was gone.

***

Marus's arms were much stronger than they had been before. Thick muscles bound the sinew that was once scarce but was now plentiful. He had grown into a man, yet he was still the same boy I had loved. He squeezed me slightly, as if to remind me that he was still there as I drifted in and out of my thoughts.

I absentmindedly lay deeper against his chest, into the warmth of his body.
His fingers played with my hair in a way I had never felt before.

"Some nights I pray to the goddess, asking her why we were never fated to be together." He whispered.

The stars glinted above the veil of the premature twilight that had cast itself over the small clearing in the wood. He lay on his back, myself draped over him with my head nestled into his chest. Just watching the world go by.
"-And then I realised, that we were fated right from the start."
I caught a glimpse of his moonlit smile from the corner of my eye, he was still for a moment, seemingly examining one of my dark locks.
"I want you to have something."

I looked up into his ocean eyes.
I watched the waves, let them crash over me.

"I don't want anything from you." I frowned.

He reached into some concealed pocket...and pulled out a dagger. A shining silver blade rusted with dark brown at the base, and a large moonstone embedded in the hilt.

"What the..." He held it out to me and I took it, examining it closely. "Why would I need this?"

His eyes were dark, swirling with that hint of mischief and deception that I had came to distrust so much.
"You know why, Amelia."

I knew why.
Deep down.
In the part of me that I had suppressed for so long.
"It's the only way."
That part of me hummed for the thrill of the kill. I tried to push it down, deep down. I thought I had changed, thought that I wasn't that person anymore. People don't change, they just learn to hide it, but the urge would still always be there, it would never leave.
He didn't deserve this, a knife in the back to top all of the shit I had already put him through. But yet a small voice in my mind still echoed.

He tied you to a pole like a fucking animal and left you for dead.

He did.

I clenched the dagger tighter, though my fingers trembled and my heart felt weak.

He marked you without consent.

He did.

I tucked it away into my boot.

He deserves it.

He does.

***
Any thoughts, theory's??
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟