SIXTEEN|GONE

"What did you do!" I screamed, but the red-head only sobbed slightly in answer

"Dalia..." She mumbled through her tears, "Dalia..."

"You murdered her!" My wolf boomed through my voice, her canines extending in preparation for the kill.
Her lips pulled back in a vicious snarl that caused the girl to cower back against the dirt, peering at me through thick black lashes.

"They told me to," She spat through gritted teeth, her hands twisting into the soil, desperately trying to find some way to release her pain.

Her bone was exposed, the white glinting through the mess of blood and torn flesh,

The stench of her tainted blood as it pooled Black onto the earth beneath her had my wolf barely restraining herself from killing her there and then.

But she enjoyed the wait.
It was like a game to her.

It had always been her favourite part, the anticipation before the kill.

Heart pounding.
Blood boiling.
Strong legs planted in preparation for the launch of the chase.

Except here there would be no chase, only the desperate wait until she pounced upon the woman, tearing her limb from limb.

The young girl behind the redhead looked so innocent, almost as if she were sleeping, if not for the large gashes inflicted upon her supple flesh, and the blood that soaked her once pretty dress a vile shade of crimson.

The autumn leaves crunched slightly underfoot as my wolf crept closer, my eyes firmly fixed upon the redhead, watching for any sudden movements that may be perceived as a threat.

"Please...I didn't mean to."

The pack member cried as she tried to scoot away from me approaching her with my wolf fully in control of my actions.

"I told you, I warned you... that if it's a fight you want, a fight is what you will get."

My wolf spat through gritted teeth, my eyes surely ablaze with red hot fury.

***

My head throbbed with ache as I slowly raised myself from the forest floor, my body was bare and littered with tiny cuts and scratches.

What happened?

Only small slithers of memory remained from last night,

The redhead and the child,
My wolfs anger.
And blood, so much blood...

I tried desperately to wipe the blood that clung tightly to my skin, I felt dirty.

Last nights impurities still on my body like a snake coiled tightly around me, constricting me from ridding myself of its grasp.

What happened last night, who did I kill?

-A pack member?

-A rogue?

-A child?

I couldn't remember, however if my wolf went wild upon a pack member, the consequences could be disastrous.

My body was raw with pain and exposed to the elements, the chilling cold of the morning numbing my fingers and turning my lips a mix between ice blue and violet.

I rubbed my arms with my hands, desperate to rid my body from the plague of the cold.

Standing slowly to my feet, I struggled to keep myself balanced and to stop my knees from buckling beneath me.

Why was I like this?

I had killed many times before...
-too many times to count.

Innocent.
Guilty.

Why should this kill be any different?

Why was my body in denial, and I had to fight back the constant urge to vomit.

I didn't even know who's blood was on me.

Was it the redheads?
Was it the child's?
Or was it even my own?

When I first saw the redhead hunched over, sobbing silently to her self, I had knew that I had seen her before.

Maybe even spoken to her...
Fought with her?

The girls face in my mind was plagued with hatred, though I couldn't remember why.

I couldn't remember anything past the point of discovering the body of the child.
I knew that I had also seen that pretty bowed dress somewhere else before.

Maybe the girl was another pack member?

Or a member from another pack?

My brain ached just thinking of all the possible identities of the two females from last night.

My body shook and trembled with the guilt of the previous day.

I had never felt guilty about a kill before?
I usually relished in the feeling of the loss of life at my hands.
I had always been considered insane.
-Without morals.

Maybe now the sins of my past where starting to catch up with me, with the revenge of feeling all of the pain I once should have at ending a life.

Maybe I was becoming human again?
No longer the monster that I once was...

-Impossible.

I would continue to kill to satisfy my beasts blood lust.
I would continue to black out, there was no way to stop it. My wolf bristled and snarled at the thought of my regret.

She thought I was pathetic, grovelling over others and their losses.

'Worry about us, and us alone.' She snapped, 'What will our mate think if he find out we killed to innocents?'

My mate.
If I could even call him that anymore.
Did he even deserve the title?

'There is no we, it was you that killed them!" I screamed at her, but she didn't reply, instead blocking me from our mind link in anger.

I could feel her rage at me.
Though it was true, I had no hand in last nights murders, she took control, she killed them.

-And now I would pay the price.

***
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟