FORTYTHREE|MAD

They didn't take me to the asylum

I was wrong.
It was much worse.

They took me back to his room.
To our room.

I lay in the bed wide awake.
What had I done.

I had gone past the point of insanity.

Hades hadn't returned, and his words still stung my heart every time I dared to replay them in my head. "I can't be around you."

They weren't guards, merely security.
But how far gone was I to believe that they were, to believe that I was going back to that hell hole. Though at the moment I wasn't sure what was worse.

How was I going to face them all tomorrow.

***

I didn't sleep much that night, I stayed awake fretting about the day to come until the sun arose, glinting gold through the curtains.

I dressed in red. The only colour I knew.
The colour that held a sort of dramatic irony behind its scarlet sheen.
A tight black skirt, with a deep crimson blouse and heels to match.
Business attire, the type of thing they would expect me to wear.

The other females tended to dress in white, a colour to represent their supposed purity. But behind closed doors they were no different to the rest of us, getting down in their hands and knees to please their Alpha.

Some willingly, some probably not so much.

I entered the dining hall alone. Hades was nowhere to be seen, so I sat in our usual seats.

The quiet hum of chatter was halted when a low voice asked the question that everyone's minds. "Where is Alpha Hades?"

I didn't look up from my food, "He's running a bit late." I hoped he would be here soon.

Amongst the meaningless chatter one conversation stood out more than all the others, two females shooting me sideways glances and mumbling to one another.

Anger burned in my belly, I longed to throw my knife or fork at them, along with every other sharp or heavy object that surrounded me.

"If you have something to say, Rosalie. Then I suggest you speak up." Hades hissed from the doorway. He quickly made his way to stand behind me, his hands resting on my shoulders.

As much as I wanted to resist my body leaned into his touch, enjoying the hum that I hadn't felt in so long.

"I said that she's a fucking whore!" The woman shrieked, jumping to her feet and pointing a manicured finger in my direction.

Alphas alike sprang to their feet, instinctively covering their mates from any potential threat. Hades stiffened behind me, his grip tightening on my shoulders.

"That's enough!" Marus hissed at his mate.

"Don't you fucking start!" She screamed, turning on the blue eyed devil and pounding her fists against his hard chest. "Your the one that started all of this! If you could have controlled yourself and kept it in your fucking pants for more than five minutes, we wouldn't be in this situation!"

"It's not like that!" I yelled, moving to throw something at the woman, anything. But the moment I stood up Hades wrapped his large arms around me like a cage. "It was never like that!"

"You slept with my mate! What else is there to say?" Rosalie raged, her eyes a swirling pool of scarlet and amber. At any moment she would explode, destroying everything around her.

"That was years ago!" But she wouldn't listen, she grabbed a china plate, that came hurtling in my direction, Hades yanked me to the side just in time.

That was enough.

I thrashed in his arms, hissing and spitting at the vile bitch. My nails dig into Hades forearms but he didn't once flinch.

"You fucking whore! They should've never of let you out of that damned place!"

"Rosalie stop!" Marus growled.

"Its all your fault!" She cried, "Everything was perfect before he met you!"

Little did she know.
Little did she know that Marus was mine before he was ever hers.

"He was never yours!"
He would always be mine, and I, his.
Her eyes glowed with anger, as she thrashed against Marus's arms, throwing every vile word she could muster toward me.
She released every little bit of pent up anger, let it all out untill she was nothing more than a meaningless, screeching mess.

"Fucking stop it, both of you!" Hades roared. The room fell silent.

"Come with me." He hissed so lowly that only I could hear, I yelped at the harshness of his grip on my forearm.

He dragged me down the hall and back to the room. The room that I slept alone in.

As soon as the door was closed, he shoved me against the nearest wall. I spluttered as the air was violently thrown from my lungs.

He released me as though I were on fire. He started to pace, throwing his hands through his disheveled hair. "What have you done!"

"I can explain! Marus and I, we knew each other before-"

"I don't want to hear about how he fucks you, tell me how everybody knows!" He cursed under his breath. "This is bad Amelia, really bad. Do you have any idea how this will look to the rest of the pack. How it will make them look? How could you be so fucking selfish!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean for any of this-" my head fell to my hands in shame, a loud crash sounding through out the room as the desk chair was sent flying.

Inside I was angry. I cheated on him, threw his name in the shit and all he cared about was the pack. He didn't even hesitate that his own mate had slept with another Alpha.
That stupid bloody man infuriated me endlessly.

I had no words, my handful of letters slipped from between my fingers, scattering on the floor. I had nothing.

I lifted my head to see Hades' back, heaving with every uneven breath he took, he was furious, his body shaking with loss and betrayal.
It had finally hit him.

A tear, warm and thick crawled down my face. What had I done to him.
I had made him like me, a monster, and in turn I had become weak.

"Hades..." I reached out a hand to touch him, but he jerked away, spinning to face me.

His eyes were dark and glinting with a silver sheen. It must have been raining, as a raindrop slid down his cheek before falling to the ground.

No. It didn't rain inside.
I had made the beast cry.

***
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟