SIX|ALPHA

After Esmeralda's particularly friendly welcome at breakfast, Emmet invited me to join in with the pack's training for the day, and I agreed because I had nothing else to do and I could probably kick his ass anyways

I went back up to my room, procrastinated making my bed until tomorrow, and then changed into a pair of grey yoga pants and a black sports bra that had the word 'Nike' on it in large white letters. I had no idea as to what a 'Nike' was but I didn't bother to question it as it was in the bundle of clothes that Emmet had given me earlier that morning.

Training happened outside the front of the pack house so when I flung open the large double doors and stepped into the warm morning air, I was greeted with twenty seven pairs of eyes, each burning into my flesh with a unique form of hatred of disgust.

One tiny detail Emmet had failed to mention was that the pack members training where almost exclusively male.

I wasn't complaining though, for the next few hours I would be surrounded by a large amount of topless men.

"Don't stare, it's rude." I smirked, patting Emmet on the cheek who was blatantly checking me out, as I sauntered passed him to the center of the circle of men.

He let out a low growl and his darkened eyes followed me as I stepped into the vacant ring.

"Come on then, get your ass up here." I laughed, signalling for Emmet to join me.

"I don't think this fight would be wise, I'm a Beta and besides, I don't want to hurt you."

I laughed, cocking my head at him, "Shut the fuck up and get up here already."

"Amelia-"
"-Just fight me dumbass!"

The other members had stopped their training to gather around to watch the impending fight. Some of them even flinched at my blatant disrespect towards their Beta.

"Fine" he sighed, moving to join my in the centre of the ring reluctantly.

I got into the fighting stance, and prepared myself.
I waited for him to make the first move.

But Emmet always trying to act the perfect gentleman, seemed extremely reluctant, underestimating me in the process.

-That was his first mistake.

I watched him as we circled each other, following his every move. I could tell form the way he held himself that he favoured his right side, which meant that he would most likely try to punch from the right.

My assumptions where correct as he lunged at me, swinging his right fist at my head, which I hastily ducked and swung back, hitting him in the gut.

He recoiled from my punch, wide eyed.

He didn't expect my power.

His second mistake.

I watched him carefully waiting for his next move, he steps before he punches, so I made sure I kept an eye on his footing.

He stepped out again and tried to aim for my face but I blocked, and used his own momentum against him to throw him over my shoulder.

He hit the arena floor with a loud crash, and a groan escaped his lips, the air was deadly silent except for our laboured breathing.

"Rule number one, never underestimate your opponent." I smirked, picking at my cuticles.

The surrounding Lycan's suddenly fell into a dreadful silence. Not a word was uttered. Only the sound of thunderous footsteps fast approaching.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Boomed a voice from behind me, that sent involuntarily shivers down my spine.

Several of the pack members gasped, bowing and looking down at the floor in submission.

Emmet stood up and brushed the last flecks of dirt from his clothes.

His eyes widened as they met the looming figure behind me, and he instantly stood up straiter.

"Alpha" He sounded shocked.

I slowly turned around to meet the figure behind me.

'Holy shit.' Gasped my wolf.
'Holy shit indeed.' I murmured in reply.

He was a god.

His dark brooding eyes first caught my attention, something about them enticed me. Holding me captive in his glare.
The same way all the monster in the stories I used to hear as a child would lure in their innocent victims, and that never ended well.

But I was far from innocent and I could hold my own, so I highly doubted that the old wives tale rules applied to me.

His silky black hair was effortlessly tousled to perfection, making my wolf urge my to walk up to him and run my fingers through it.

I took the time dragging my eyes up and down his sculpted form, his hard eyes and strong jawline aided his affect of power.

My wolf greatly appreciated the way his grey T-shirt clung to his muscled chest and how you could vaguely see the outlines of his muscled abdomen, his crossed arms and bulging biceps.

His lips set into a firm line, and cold eyes assessing the scene in front of him, though they softened ever so slightly as they landed on me before reverting to their previous narrowed and icy glare.

I had to stifle a moan at the sensations that flooded my body as his gaze swept over my form.
My wolf begging for release.
But I had to ignore her, to show weakness would be to show submission to his power.
So instead I put on my familiar mask of hostility.

"Alpha." I spat, narrowing my eyes at him.

The power and authority that radiated off of him in waves was overwhelming, along with his natural scent, cinnamon and musk, that had my wolf screaming at me to go to him, to let him hold me.

No.
I couldn't.

He stared at me with a hint of confusion for a minute before his eyes darkened ever so slightly.

"Mine."

***
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟