THIRTYSEVEN|LIES

Hades was nowhere to be seen when I awoke

Hades was nowhere to be seen when I awoke. It didn't surprise me but that didn't mean it didn't still hurt.

The dull ache in my chest was still there. Unrelenting and forgiving.

I dressed in whatever clothing I could find, dark jeans and an ash grey shirt than hung loosely off my shoulders.

Once I left the room, I followed the thin stream of people through the halls to what looked like a dining area. High ceiling and fancy chandelier. A large round mahogany table with chairs arranged around it was where the Alphas and Lunas sat, plates piled high with steaming food in front of them.

A firm hand slid into mine. Hades stood beside me, not saying a word and not even sparing me a glance as he lead me to our spaces. I knew that he was only doing this for appearances but still, it hurt that he didn't even look at me, that he couldn't bare to.

He filled our plates with food and we began to eat in silence whilst the rest of the table talked animatedly amongst each other.

I finally worked up the courage to say something though my voice came out strained and hoarse.
"Where were you-"

"So Hades, hows everything back at your pack?" A pig faced girl interrupted, leaning across the table to grab the salt, my eyes lingered on her chest protruding from her tank top. I grit my teeth, sending a glare in the girls direction.

"Fine." He answered curtly not bothering to meet her eyes.

"What about Taylor? How's she?"

"Gone. Banished to Grey Winter."

"But..." the girl paused, and the slightest hint of a smirk tugged at the edges of her rosy lips. "Weren't you two...-"

"-No."

I shot daggers at the girl, what was she implying? If she wanted to have her throat torn out she was certainly heading in the right direction.

"Oh come on Hades, that's not what she told me." She quirked an eyebrow. She had pretty green eyes with long and dark lashes, but that was where her beauty ended. In retrospect she wasn't all that attractive, god knows how she made it to the Luna rank.

"Kayla behave!" The man besides her whispered harshly, the pig faced girl purses her lips but a hint of that smug amusement that made me want to tear her hair out still lingered.

The last few pairs of people joined the table until it was fall, I glanced around, scanning over the people before me.

I found what I was looking for. His white blonde hair stood out amongst the rest of us. He looked up and caught my eye, his lips forming his usual smirk. I glared back. The small brunette beside him looked up, straining to see what Marus was looking at, until she saw me. Her face settled into one of disgust. Fuck you too bitch.

"Amelia? Isn't it?"

I looked up at the meek girl beside Marus, not at all expecting her to speak. I nodded, eating another spoonful of whatever was in front of me.

"I heard you were in an asylum? Is this true?" She asked, feigning innocence. It was a dangerous question to ask, one that not only revealed my past indiscretion to anyone that didn't already know, but it also put Black Thorn in an unstable light.

Hades' grip tightened on his fork beside me.
"Enough." He growled, shooting a look at the girl. Who didn't even flinch, though Marus whispered something harshly in her ear, she smiled through clenched teeth as she glanced between Hades and I.

"So, it is true. You are a psycho?"

"Klaudia, this is hardly appropriate talk for the breakfast table, don't you think?" Arden chirped from somewhere down the table. The girl, Klaudia only sneered, turning back to her meal.

The table rumbled faintly with mumbles of agreement and the rest of the morning passed by uneventfully.

After breakfast, Hades pulled me aside. He stood close enough that only I would hear what he had to say, but not too close. I missed feeling the warmth of him only inches away, I longed to feel him.

"There is a meeting now that we have to attend. I want you to stay silent and not speak unless spoken to. You will not embarrass yourself or the pack in front of these Alphas. Do you understand?"

I scowled. I embarrassed him? But I nodded none the less, pushing past him as I followed the thin trickle of people into the next room.

***
I hate ending chapters this way but whatever
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟