THIRTY|TOIL

Strong arms wrapped around my frail body, lifting me into a chest

I was a rag doll, completely limp in the mans arms.

They had done this to me.
They had broken me.

They had taken everything I had, bled me dry of my dignity and demolished my pride.

I could still fell their hands all over my body, and a shiver ran down my spine, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

He began to walk, my lifeless body swaying slightly from his movements.

"What have they done to you." He mumbled, or at least I thought he did. I could barely head him over the constant and shrill ringing in my ears.

Gentle fingers wiped the blood from my lip, but I barely noticed, slipping in and out of consciousness, but I thought I heard the man say one more thing before I fell under completely.

"I'll kill them for what they've done."

***

It was dark.
-Almost midnight.

Something warm and firm was wrapped around my waist. An arm. His arm. My body felt warm against his touch, tingles dancing on my body.

But then I remembered.
Who I was.
-and who he was.

I recoiled instantly, shoving him off of me and jumping out of bed.

He sat up quickly, obviously confused.
"What?" He mumbled, sleep thickly clouding his voice, making it somehow deeper and raspier.

"Nothing." I snapped back, pulling on my clothes from last night and fleeing the room as quickly as possible.

I had to get out of there.

It was just sex, that was all it was and all it would ever be between us. Nothing more.

What was I doing in his bed? Was I really that stupid?

I could feel my wolf's restlessness within me. She wanted to turn back, to climb back into bed with the beast.
-The enemy.
The polished wooden steps flew under my feet, and soon I found myself in the pack kitchen. I needed a drink. My throat was dry and scratchy, as though I had been screaming for hours on end.

I almost dropped the glass when I turned to see Hades only a few feet behind me, staring at me with a mixture of confusion, sorrow and anger.

"What is your problem?" He grunted, moving to sit on the marble island.

"My problem?" I snarled in disbelief, "What were you thinking? The two of us sleeping in the same bed together!"

"What's your point?" He almost laughed, his smirk only making the anger rise further within me, bubbling up like lava, inches away from over flowing.

"My point is I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve Hades!" I growled, "We fuck, that's it, nothing more. No feelings, no nothing!"

"Why won't you just accept us? We're mates, it's only natural."

"There is nothing natural with this!"

"Then explain this." He said, slipping off the island and stalking towards me, I backed away until I felt myself collide with something hard behind me. Then all of a sudden his lips were on mine, hard and warm and pressing.

My hands tangling in his hair, desperately trying to find anyway to bring his body closer to mine. More.

But then it was no longer Hades before me, but a a group of sniggering men, each with the face of a devil.
Scarlet eyes and twisted smiles.

I felt their hands all over me. It was all I could feel.

Fingers grasping places they shouldn't.
-placed I didn't want them too.

I tried to shake them off. I couldn't. They continued to crawled over my body, no matter how hard I flailed.

I shoved my hands against their chests, banging my fists against them in a bid to rid myself of the hands.

-And just like that they were gone.

Replaced by a wide eyed Hades, a small trail of scarlet blood crawling from his bruised lip.

"What the hell was that?" He snarled, his wolf pushing at his limits, roaring at the disrespect shown to him.

"Get away from me!" I hissed, "This is exactly what I meant! We should never have started this in the first place!"

"Well now I'm ending it." He rumbled, his voice deep and angry, but his face was a blank canvas.
"I wanted to tell you this in the right moment but fuck it, after the Altum ball I'm leaving, there is a war between the Grey Winter pack and the Lake Lands. Alpha Kaden has asked me to join them."

***
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟