FOUR|NORMALCY

"Rumour has it, Amelia is the reason Sister Evangeline quit

"Rumour has it, Amelia is the reason Sister Evangeline quit." One of the girls snickered from across the hall.

Sister Evangeline was one of the nuns that worked at the orphanage, her absence didn't faze me however, as she always had an unusual distaste for me.
There was always something wrong with me in her eyes.

'Amelia, pay attention!'

'Amelia, stop it!'

''Amelia, I'm sure there is a special place in hell reserved just for you.'

Her drawling voice still echoed in my mind like a broken record of all the times she had reprimanded me.

"Haven't you heard? All the nuns are talking about it, They say that they can sense a dark presence lurks deep with in her." The other girl giggles, making no attempt to hide the fact they where blatantly talking about me.

The first girl shook her head in distaste and said, "She's a lunatic, people like her shouldn't be allowed in society."

***
"We're here" doctor O'Connor said in a sing-song voice that made me cringe, unbuckling herself and exiting the van.

I sighed before gracefully climbing out, the doctor sounded so exited to be back in her pack, however I didn't see what could possibly be good in this place. It was just another form of my own personal hell.

"I'll show you to the pack house, which is where you will be staying." She said, as we made our way towards an impossibly large building.
It had at least four floors with huge white pillars and elegantly placed windows.

Our feet crunched against the gravel drive way, I took the time to examine my surroundings,
Appreciate them.
It had been a long time since I just sat back to appreciate things, not that there was much to appreciate in my cell back at the shit-hole asylum.

Though I hated to admit it, this was a truly beautiful pack, doctor O'Connor had said that there where other Lycan packs scattered all over the world, and each had an Alpha, a Beta and a Gamma.

Some, yet not all of the packs had Lunas' as well,
she had briefly explained to me how a Luna was the Alphas mate, the Alpha female of the pack.

"Doctor?"

"Please, call me Elaine." She smiled sweetly.

"Elaine" I said cautiously, "Where is the Alpha?"

Even the word brought a bitter taste to my mouth.
Alpha.
I felt my wolf bristle in agreement, she defiantly didn't like the idea.
She was power hungry.
And dangerously dominant.

"He's away at another pack in the far East, but he should be back any day now." She said as the pushed open the large double doors of the pack house.

I was greeted with the impressive high ceilings of the foyer and a large marble stair case, which obviously led to other floors.

'Woah' my wolf breathed, as she took in the scene around us.

'Don't get too used to jt' I replied, it was so much bigger than I expected.

It was perfect.

Fit for a king, though I guess that's what the Alpha was to these people.
A king.

Elaine led me up the large marble stairs until we came to a maze of what seemed like endless hallways adorned in marble and gold.

"This one's yours, I'll be downstairs with the other pack members so just shout if you need anything."

"Thanks" I mumbled, before closing the door to my new 'room.'

The room was already 5 times he size of my decrepit cell at the asylum that had graffiti and the ramblings of the mentally insane carved into the walls, some written in blood.
Whereas this room had clean white walls, the whole room was white with subtle gold accents here and there. Pristine, too perfect.

As well as having one of the largest king sized beds I had ever seen against the far wall, it even had its own flat screen TV and seating area, which consisted of three plush white couches.

There where two other doors, one was an ensuite bathroom, whilst the other I found was a walk in wardrobe.

'Damn, we hit the jackpot.' My wolf mumbled.

'Don't get too attached to normalcy, the Alpha will probably kick us out as soon as he gets back.' I smirked, making my wolf growl at the prospect of being challenged by the Alpha.

'We'll see about that.' She grumbled.

***
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟