SEVEN|CONTROL

"What have you done!" Screamed sister Mary, as she tried to smother the flames that were slowly swallowing the tiny kitchen, only for them to flutter across her soft skin, making her recoil and hiss in pain

I sat in the middle of it all, flicking the lighter on and off repeatedly, letting the flames briefly lick at my palms before shutting it off.

The flames around me soared higher to sweep the ceiling, charring them black, deep and beautiful, in a way. More screaming voices began to surround me, but they sounded blurred and distorted, as if they were underwater.

They deserved it.
To burn for what they had done.

To burn like the hell they so desperately feared above all else.

Above even me.

Their pained screams ripped through the hallways like a chorus of misery.

I flicked the lighter,
on...off...on...off.
Letting the flames kiss my palm for a few seconds too long, burning my delicate skin, but I couldn't stop.
I was addicted to the pain.
No emotion.
No feeling.

Only pain.

***

It wasn't possible.
I couldn't have a mate...
I didn't want one.

I would not submit, not even to him.

Though the pull was undeniable, like a silent beckoning towards the man that was suppose to be mine.
-Towards the man I could not help but hate.

His strong jaw clenched as he sat at his desk, examining me as I was him.

Studying each other's movements.

Waiting for the other to make the first move, like predatory animals. He was just like me in so many ways, yet we were so distant.

I sat back in my chair in front his desk, letting the familiar facade shield my face from any real emotion.
Through out my years at the orphanage I had become a master at concealing my emotions.

To feel was to be weak.

So I remained emotionless, behind my shield of fakery that warded off the emotions of despair threatening to consume me.

He narrowed his dark eyes at me,
"What is your name?" His tone was clipped and impatient.

"Ass-wipe." I drawled, watching as his face morphed into one of fury as he slammed his fists against the desk.

"Respect!" He growled, his eyes glowing with the fury of his wolf.

"Respect is something you earn." I spat, narrowing my eyes at him.
My wolf was acting entirely strange towards the man, normally she would be hissing and spitting curses towards anyone that dared disrespect her... But he was different, her feelings towards him were almost... submissive.

-Almost.

His nostrils flared, and he gripped the edge of the desk, the subtle wood splintering beneath his fingers, his eyes growing ever darker.

"Get out." He hissed, the hard wood of the desk beginning to crack and split under his vice like grip.

I didn't move, I simply re-adjusted my position on the leather seat,
"Nah, I'm quite comfortable here, thanks."

He was about to reply when the office door slamming open with a loud crash interrupted him, and a shrill wine voice cut through the room,

"Hades!" Esmeralda screeched as she flung herself onto my mate. My lips curling upwards into a growl, and my wolf writhing in disgust.
Hades, a name fit for a beast like him.

"That's her!" She spat, pointing at me, "She's the one that threatened me at breakfast!"

I rolled my eyes at her pathetic antics, and crossed my arms under my chest. Hades seemed to notice as his pitch black eyes lingered for a while on my chest.

Clicking my fingers, I spat. "Eyes up here Alpha." Hades dragged his eyes up my body until they rested on my face, austere and emotionless.

He cocked his head to one side and eyed me carefully, "You threatened a pack member?"

I remained silent, but smiled darkly at the vile female that now perched herself upon my mates lap.

My wolf bristled and voiced her longing to rake her claws along Esmeralda's seamless flesh, she longed to watch as the life departed from her eyes and her body crumpled to the floor.

"Threats? I made no threats. No Alpha, I made promises." I growled, which caused Esmeralda to flinch on the man's lap.

I bit my lip and fixed him with the coldest glare I could, mate or not, I would not be taking any shit from anyone.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." Esmeralda snapped, finding her courage, "You wouldn't dare to lay a finger on your future Luna."

Hades was going to take her as a Luna.

To say that didn't hurt, would be a lie.
But my mask remained in place, never faltering.

"You will never be my Luna." I snarled, all my muscles tense, poised and waiting for an attack.

"How dare you!" She cried, raising herself to stand, to which Followed, standing in turn.

"Fuck you." I spat, lunging towards her, my hands reaching to wrap around her long, slender neck.

My wolf wanted her dead.

Strong hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me back from the terrified red-head that coward before me.
Hades' touch felt like a jolt of pleasurable electricity through my body, and I grit my teeth in order to hold back the noises that threatened to escape my lips as I was pulled tightly into his chest with his hard arms wrapped around me, restraining me as I struggled to break free.

"Enough!" He snarled, a shiver run down my spine
at the close proximity of his voice.

"Esmeralda leave." He hissed, pinning my arms around me as I struggled against him. The vile girl didn't need to be told twice as she sped out of the room, slamming the door behind her, my wolf growling after her.

"Control yourself-" He murmured as I stopped fighting and began to relax into him, but I couldn't concentrate on his voice, I was too caught up in the way my body was pulled flush against his, moulding perfectly against his solid frame.

"-Or you will be punished."

***
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟