My Worldly Education

"...to indulge their appetites they have done away with their own selves." *

{Peace}

I was raised in the bosom of wealth and privilege.

It gave me a cushioning---a buffer between me and the nastiness of the world.

I think I learned a few "higher" ideas because I wasn't wallowing in the muck...

I wasn't planning on breaking with my family; but, some of my views were radically opposed by my father---I fought back---I was disinherited...

{Justice}

I found a job with a Movement that needed constant funding---I appreciated what they were doing (helping folks...)---I knew people---I found them their money (and, made quite a bit for myself in commissions).

I wasn't planning on being issued an injunction; but, my overzealousness raised alarms---people who knew my father made complaints...

I was forced to find less productive work...

{Unity}

I became a salesman---selling whatever promised high commissions.

Taste and ethics didn't matter---high commissions did.

My small group of friends disappeared---well, I wasn't able to be there to entertain them, which made them reconstruct their social patterns....

{Love}

I became richer than my father.

I paid to obtain new friends.

I formed many Movements---"Foundations" that earned me more than what all the beneficiaries of the Foundations got.

I only worked for "certain", very private people...

I eventually became a recluse...

I, eventually, lost all hope...

...

My worldly education is over.

My next act will be to erase my existence...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Quote from 'Abdu'l-Bahá

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this story, consider giving it a vote :-)

If you have a question, please, do ask me in the Comments...

New Tale Next Saturday