What Is Fiction?

He sat at his computer in the cheap apartment, contemplating how to fertilize the story-seed that had infected his mind...

Not quite ready to create a draft---needing some skeleton-shape to hang it on---he began writing about fiction itself...

"We think our daily doings are real and they certainly are; but, not like a good story..."

Something happened in his mind---swift merging of meanings---a rising of worth; and, he continued:

"The writer sat there, wondering if this idea flitting through his soul could be coaxed and committed to words..."

The Flow had begun:

"He let the idea come to him, made a Space for it, wrote a few words...

        'The writer was hit with a story, smacked in the heart---opened a new file and began typing:

                "She wrote her way out of her old life---created a new one with her words..."

        'He sat back and brooded---not sure which way to take the trail...'

The Flow stopped---he saved the words in the Cloud and on the flash-drive, shut down the computer, and waited a day to return to the budding Tale...

~~~~~~~~~

Four months slowly pass...

~~~~~~~~~

He was nearing the end of the Tale.

He began where he'd left off the day before and suddenly realized the story was wrapping itself up much earlier than he'd suspected:

"The writer didn't want to bring the tale to such an abrupt ending; but, the muse must be obeyed.

        'Rushing to the end---unaware of the reader---devoted to the story:

                "She finished putting down the words, feeling like a new creation..."

        'No second guessing, the trail was winding itself to its end...'

He typed the final words:

"Life is often like this..."

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this story, consider giving it a vote :-)

If you have a question, please, do ask me in the Comments...

New Tale Next Saturday