Unity

She was The Witness---she was objective---yet, in spite of years of experience, she was still quite nervous...

She'd just arrived by shuttle (by order of the World Leader) from Lafri Pertru and was ushered into an inquiry (suggested by the World Leader) with a man claiming he was the longed-for Divine Messenger who would fulfill the prophecies of all other religions.

She could make no comments, ask no questions---The Witness only witnessed...

But, she was acutely aware of the significance of the religious leaders' questions and comments:

...

Skiron Blret---"As the Prime Priest of the Naidiest religion, I ask how you could possibly be a Prophet---our Skalit Pondreker was the last Prophet."

...

Mentre Veokre---"For the love of Belru, how can you make such claims?

...

Burint Senk---"I demand a miracle to prove what you claim..."

...

Luu Frdi---"Speaking for the Consolidated Brethren of the Order of Holy Worshipers, I find you to be a mere man, of no consequence... I have no questions."

...

The comments continued---round after round; and, the religious leaders began attacking each other...

...

She sat through these embarrassing proceedings, listening to these men acting so pompous and proud and wondered what the Claimant was thinking...

The Claimant spoke at that moment:

"I am the One all your Scriptures speak of---I am the Promised One, come to unite all religions, all peoples, all territories---I am willing to meet with each of you singly; however, this gathering is not appropriate for seeking the Truth---your disputes and pride do you no justice..."

She stopped being nervous---started being extremely curious---wondered at this Person who was more spiritual that all the others combined...

She wasn't looking forward to going through the exhausting ritual of reporting to the World Leader---The Probing...

She wished she could just go somewhere and contemplate...

~~~

Eventually, the religious leaders each went their own way---stoking the fires of distrust and hatred amongst their followers...

The riots began not long after the inquiry.

The Claimant was confined for his protection.

The anarchy, within one quarter-revolution of the planet, consumed 450,000 lives...

~~~

The World Leader demanded a private conference with the Claimant.

~~~

"So, you are the one causing so much mischief, responsible for so many deaths?"

"No, Your Honor, I am the one who has been in your jail---I suggest you question the religious leaders and their followers about the unrest and crime."

"You have no fear."

"You are correct and I respect you for noticing."

"What shall I do with all these crazy religious folk?"

"I recommend calling the religious leaders into your presence and instructing them to quell the actions of their followers---perhaps promise them their own incarcerations if they cannot accomplish a return to order..."

"Amazing..."

The Claimant remained silent.

The World Leader said, "Will you tell me of your Faith?"

~~~

The riots were quelled and the World Leader spoke to all the people on the NewsNet:

"O, peoples of our World.

"I come to you with sadness and fresh insights.

"You may already know that I am very angry with certain religious leaders, even though they did bring their followers to heel; yet, that was only after massive carnage...

"You may not know that I am meeting regularly with the new Prophet of the Grendia Faith.

"He is truly a fount of wisdom and is a pure and honorable man---unlike the leaders of the other Faiths.

"I have ordered meetings between this Prophet and these other religious leaders...

"A meeting between the Prophet and each one of the other leaders, separately---each meeting in my presence.

"These will be followed by a general meeting with all of us in attendance.

"I hope to learn much more; and, I pray the other religious leaders can learn what religion should truly be.

"I will speak again to all of you after these significant meetings; but, for now, please remember, no practice is a real religion if it leads to anger or distrust or violence.

"May you all prosper and find occasions to facilitate your unity..."

~~~

She was still The Witness---she was still objective---she was now a member of the Claimant's Faith...

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this story, consider giving it a vote :-)

If you have a question, please, do ask me in the Comments...

New Tale Next Saturday