*Chapter Fourteen*

*Unedited*

*Uncompleted*

~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*~#*

After we left the school, we hung out for a bit before Zack took me home in Cody's car. They both told me to rest and do a couple other things that would quicken up the healing process. After I got home, I ate a small dinner and went to bed. 

The next week and a half went good. I would go to school and talk with Zack and the rest of his 'gang'. Sammy was still always his happy self and I still hadn't heard from my mom. We hadn't hung out after school since last Tuesday because Zack said they had 'business' to attend to. It made me curious as to what that 'business' was but I figured I was probably better off not knowing. 

Friday finally rolled around again and I eventually made it through the excruciatingly long school day. My ribs were healing faster than I thought. They still hurt when I pushed on them but they were getting better. I had been taking a painkiller for the first few days but now I was off. 

I walked out to the school parking lot and over towards Kyle's car because Zack texted me to meet him there after I got out of class. He came into view as I walked a little closer. When he noticed me walking over, he gave me a small smile as he finished talking to Kyle. When I finally made it to him, he turned and greeted me. 

"Hey Kitten." he said with a small smirk. I rolled my eyes at him because he had been calling me kitten for the past few days since I hit him on the shoulder for making fun of Sammy. He said something about me being as cute and innocent as a kitten but still had those sharp claws that he had to watch out for. 

"Hey Zack" I said, "Kyle." I added on smiling at him too. 

He nodded his head at me in a greeting. 

"Ok, so we're going somewhere tomorrow and I wanted to bring you, would you want to go?" Zack asked with a hopeful face. 

"Uh, it depends. Where would we be going?" I inquired with one eyebrow raised.

 "It's a surprise. We'll be leaving tomorrow at 10 and we can pick you up then and go. Please?" he asked trying to convince me to go.

I thought for a second before saying "Fine." because I had nothing better to do. 

"Yes!" Zack fist pumped the air. I flinched a bit but I didn't think he noticed. 

Kyle started smiling a little more before saying "Don't worry, you'll have fun."

 I smiled at him before Zack said "I'll text you later on what you need to bring but do you need a ride home?"

 I hiked my bag up higher on my shoulder before replying "Sure, thanks."

 Zack walked over to Kyle's car and opened the door while motioning me to get in and bowing. I laughed a bit before thanking him and sliding in. Zack jumped into the passenger seat as Kyle slipped into the drivers seat. Kyle started the car and took off down the road. In what felt like the blink of an eye, the car was parked outside of my house.

 I said goodbye to the boys and exited the car. I walked up to my door and took one last look back before slipping in and shutting it. I took a deep breath and got a small snack before walking up to my room and starting my homework. It took me a while, but after I finished, I decided to get a shower before I went to bed so I didn't have to worry about drying my hair tomorrow.

 I felt my muscles relax as the scolding hot water cascaded down my shoulders and back. After washing my hair and body, I shaved my legs real quick before shutting off the flow of water and stepping out while wrapping a towel around my body. I slowly got dressed in a over sized tee shirt and shorts. I was physically and mentally exhausted from the week and I was glad I could finally rest for a while.

 I heard my phone that was lying on my bed ding so I stepped over and picked up the small device in my hand. I turned on the screen to see a text from Zack who I had now named 'Puppy' in my phone because it annoyed him and he had me as kitten so it was only fair. 

He just said I had to wear a swimsuit with clothes over it and bring a towel and anything else I would need for a sunny day.

 I replied saying 'Ok thanks, see you tomorrow.' with a smiling emoji before shutting off and plugging in my phone. It was ten o'clock so I decided to just go to bed early. I crawled into my bed before quickly falling asleep into what I wished was a dreamless sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Super short filler chapter but I promise the next one will be longer. Thanks for reading!

P.S. I wrote this with wet nails and officially only ruined one so I'd say I'm pretty gosh didely darn talented. (Tries to lean up against wall and blow on nails but ends up failing miserably and falling over.) *So talented*

XoXo

~awkwardpenguin3