*Chapter Forty Two*

*Unedited*

*Incompleted*

*WARNING*

There is self harm in this chapter. If you feel it may be triggering PLEASE DO NOT READ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Wednesday afternoon and I was with Eric and Sammy at our usual picnic table waiting for the rest of the boys when my phone chimed. I pulled it out of my back pocket and turned the screen on to see a text from an unknown number. My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as I clicked on it.

"Ouu, who you texting?" Sammy said leaning over to look at my screen.

"A random number just texted me." I said still confused as the text finally loaded.

"I'll be home soon? What's that supposed to mean?" he asked reading the text at the same time as me.

"Probably a wrong number." I said clicking on the reply button.

'I think you have the wrong number.' I sent back before setting my phone back on the table and turning my attention back to the boys right as Zack sat down next to me. I smiled at him right as my phone chimed again.

'I don't think so.' I read the text then just set it down without replying. Whatever, I'm sure they'll figure out they got the wrong person eventually.

"Okay. So, Cody and I are having an argument and we need you guys to settle it." Kyle said as he and Cody made it to the table with their lunches.

"Okay?" Zack said with raised brows.

"What came first, the chicken or the egg?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat down on my bed on Wednesday night and laid back sinking into my fluffy comforter. I opened my eyes as my phone started ringing from my bag that was at my feet. I sat up with a sigh and dug the ringing object out of the side pocket. I looked at the caller Id to see the same number as the text from the other day.

I hit the green answer button and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said and waited a few seconds before my eyebrows scrunched up.

"Helloo?" I said again but was met with silence. I heard a shift from the other side of the phone and sighed.

"Look, you have the wrong number so please stop calling and texting me or I'll block your number." I said and waited another second. All I heard was silence so I took the phone from my ear with a sigh and hung up. I shook my head before tossing my phone down on my bed and looking over to my backpack. Homework could wait until after I took a nap I decided and kicked off my shoes before laying back and shutting my eyes again.

Just a little nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I was woken up by yet another phone call. I sat up and looked to the clock to see it was 5:37.

I stretched over and grabbed my phone, squinting at the bright light. It was the same number, so I hit the green button and held the phone to my ear annoyed.

"I said you had the wrong number now stop fucking calling me." I said rubbing my face with my left hand.

"Now is that any way to talk to your father?" A deep gravely voice came through the phone making me freeze. All the hair on my body stood up as a chill glided over my skin.

No.

Please no.

"Just calling to inform you that I'll be back soon. Be prepared for some father daughter bonding time. Its been too long Zoe." I heard him say as I sat frozen in place. I heard the dial tone as he hung up and finally brought the phone down from my ear. A sob suddenly broke through my lips as I stared at the black screen.

Not again, I can't do it again.

He said he wasn't coming back.

My chest tightened painfully and my stomach turned violently. I pushed back the nausea and I fumbled with my phone as tears poured down my face.

I found my moms contact and pressed call. I brought the phone up and it rang a few times before she picked up.

"What the hell do you want at this time?" I heard her hiss but I didn't care.

"He's coming back mom. He called me, he's coming back." I sobbed clutching my head with my free hand.

"Who?" she asked annoyed.

"Dad. He called me." I cried out frantically.

"You're lying. You just want attention." She said but I could hear the slight fear in her voice.

"I'm not mom. He called me and he was texting me and hes coming back!" I yelled into the phone kicking the sheets off of me and standing up on wobbly legs.

"You are lying! Don't call me with your nonsense again!" I heard her yell before the phone clicked off. My fingers loosened and the phone fell to the ground. I swayed on my feet as another wave of nausea came over me, this time too strong to ignore. I stumbled into the bathroom and made it to the toilet right as I threw up. I wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet before rolling over and sitting against the wall. I gripped at my arms as panic washed over me. My breathing sped up and I gripped at my head.

No, no, no.

She doesn't believe me. What am I going to do?

I can't do it again.

I brought my hand down and raked my nails across my thigh over and over again. I sobbed as I brought my arm up and slammed my fist down on my leg. I barely even felt the pain as I did it again.

This isn't happening.

I brought my fist down again using all my strength.

He said he wasn't coming back.

I scraped my nails down my right leg again.

Tears dripped from my face down on to my leg, stinging it as my nails destroyed my skin. My heart was beating out of my chest as I peeled my eyes open and looked down to my leg.

Blood dripped from my thigh to the floor and I just watched it as I silently cried and let my arms fall to the ground beside me. I glanced over the bloody lines etched into my skin. I could already see it starting to bruise around the edges. I leaned my head back against the wall and shut my eyes.

I can't to do it again.

Please don't come back.

Please.

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*

I ate an entire box of mac and cheese and finally wrote another chapter!

XoXo

~awkwardpenguin3