*Chapter Forty Three*

*Unedited*

*Incompleted*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School the next day was awful. I entered my second period class and sat down in the back row by the window. I reached into my bag and grabbed out my book before setting it on my desk.

I stared out the window watching a few squirrels play around the open grassy area while I waited for the class to start, trying to push everything to the back of my mind.

A hand nudged my arm sending my heart into my throat. I spun around with a gasp and let out a shaky breath once I saw it was just Zack. He gave me a curious look as he slid into the seat next to mine.

"Are you alright?" he asked and I gave him a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied and he nodded slowly.

"Do you want to come over on Sunday to hangout?" he asked and I thought for a second.

"Sure, what time?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was the last one to get to our lunch table. I sat down with a huff and glanced up to the boys. Cody, Sammy and Kyle continued their conversation while Eric and Zack gave me smiles.

"Where's your food?" Zack asked looking down at me.

"Not really hungry." I said with a shrug. Truth was I didn't want to spend a second longer than necessary in that house, but I couldn't exactly say that.

"Meaning you forgot your lunch and don't want to get the gross cafeteria food?" he asked bumping my shoulder with a smile making me let out a small laugh.

"No, I'm just really not that hungry." I said and he studied my face for a second before taking half of his sandwich and holding it out to me. I shook my head at him.

"I'm not hungry Zack." I said and he continued to hold the food out.

"You have to eat something." He said with pleading eyes.

"Zack..." I tried to continue but he raised his eyebrows and cut me off.

"If you do not eat willingly then I will be forced to shove it down your throat." He said and I gave him a blank look before glancing down to the sandwich.

"Fine." I said and he grinned as I took the sandwich from him.

I zoned out a minute later, staring out into the grassy field. What am I going to do? I can't just tell somebody. If I stay with people or stay out in the public then he cant get to me right? But I'll have to go home eventually.

I thought about the times that I was late getting home, the things he would always do when he had been drinking.

Something touched my arm and I jumped back with wide eyes. I saw all the boys looking at me either amused or curious.

"Earth to Zoe." Kyle said with a grin and my eyebrows scrunched up.

"What?" I asked confused and slightly embarrassed.

"Are you coming on Sunday? Zack said he'd ask you." Sam said and I nodded. He smiled before the three boys turned back to their conversation. Something about video games I was guessing. I glanced over to Eric to see him looking at me. I gave him a curious look and he seemed to continue studying me.

"Are you alright?" He finally asked, and I gave a small smile.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said and he continued to look at me. I glanced over to Zack to see him looking at me too and I sighed.

"Look, I'm fine, seriously. I just didn't sleep well last night." I said and Zack face softened.

"Do you want me to take you home so you can sleep?" he asked and I shook my head a little too quickly.

"No, I'm fine. I don't want to skip." I said and he nodded slowly. He opened his mouth to say something, but the bell cut him off. I stood up with a sigh and grabbed my bag off the ground.

Zack stood up and we walked together to our next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was uneventful but constantly kept me on edge. Being alone in the house all day was stressful and I found myself looking behind me and out windows more times than I could count. I don't know how many times I froze to listen when I heard the slightest noise. The night was even worse. Cynthia and I ended up texting at about midnight and it helped tremendously, even if she wasn't here with me. At about 4 am I woke up again after only sleeping for about 2 hours and decided to just get up and get ready.

Several hours later, I was walking over to Zacks house. I had thrown on a tank top and jeans after I had gotten my shower. It was going to be about 85 today and the air was already quite warm. I wished I could have worn shorts but if Zack, or any of the boys for that matter saw my leg, I don't know what I'd do.

I knocked on the door and a few seconds later, I heard footsteps approach. I watched the lock turn and the door get pulled open to reveal Eric standing there with a small smile on his face.

"Come in, Zack is just finishing something upstairs then he'll be down." He said and I gave him a small smile and nod before stepping in and shutting and locking the door behind me. Eric went to turn and walk out of the room but hesitated. He turned back around and looked at me. I raised an eyebrow and he bit the inside of his cheek a little before speaking.

"Are you alright? I know I keep asking but I know something is wrong. You've been off lately." He said and I quickly looked to the ground before looking back up to him. I opened my mouth to say something but my thoughts were cut off by Zack descending the stairs and smiling once he saw me.

"Hey Zo." He said as he walked over. I smiled back at him.

"Hey." I said and Zack nodded at Eric.

"Do you want to hangout with us?" he asked and Eric shook his head slightly.

"No, its alright. I've got a few things I need to do." He said before casting one last glance to me and nodding at Zack before slipping out of the room. Zack looked at me slightly confused and I just shrugged.

"So, what are we doing?"

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*

Its has been approximately 123 days, aka 177120 minutes, aka 10627200 seconds since I uploaded last. If only I put as much effort into this book as I did calculating that. Then again those numbers might be wrong but who's going to call me out on it?

fr sorry tho

Also shout out to Lana who's either going to kill me or have a seizure when she finds out I uploaded

:)

XoXo

~awkwardpenguin3