*Chapter Sixty Two*

*Unedited*

*Incompleted*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week passed and everything was settling down and going back to how it usually was. I had finally gone back to school the past 3 days and my injuries were healing. At least one of the boys were by my side at all times, I think they tried to be casual but I immediately knew what they were doing.

On Wednesday night, the boys and I were in their back yard eating the food that Eric and Kyle had grilled. I sat in the green grass, leaning up against a tree, the colorful sunset casting an orange glow down.

"Bro." Cody and Kyle had been going back and forth being confusing for the last 10 minutes.

"Bro what." Kyle said finishing off his food. I sipped on my iced tea, splitting my attention between the bickering boys and Zack's shoe that kept knocking into mine. He was sprawled out on his back with his eyes closed, his right foot pressed up against mine that he occasionally moved and tapped against me.

I did it back and watched as the corners of his lips turned up slightly.

"Fight me bitch, I bet you 10 bucks I can kill you first." Cody said and my eyes widened slightly before realizing they were talking about video games.

"Bet." Kyle said jumping up, Cody doing the same a second later.

The started to make their way inside when the other two boys stood up and started to walk after them too.

"Sorry, I've got to see this." Sam said to me and Eric nodded. I smiled at them as they ducked in the back door and shut it, leaving Zack and me out in the grass.

Zacks foot tapped mine. Once, then twice; his foot came back for a third time but found the spot empty after I had quickly pulled it to me. He lifted his head and looked at me as I innocently sipped the last bit of my tea. He scooted forward and I raised my eyebrows at him.

Before I could dodge it, his foot came up and knocked my glass out of my hand, sending it to the ground, the ice bouncing and landing in the grass. I looked at him, my mouth hanging open. His eyes widened and he jumped back as I lunged forward, trying to grab him. He laughed as I jumped up and started chasing his around the yard. Suddenly he stopped and spun around.

"Why am I running from you? You can't do anything." He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Wanna bet?" I asked, jumping forward again and hopping up on him. He laughed as he just spun me around. My feet met the ground and I kept my arms around his neck as he gently tackled me to the ground. My head tilted back as I laughed, him making sound effects on the way down.

I sobered up as he hovered above me, his fingers trailing down my cheek.

His lips quickly lowered to mine before I could react and I instantly responded. My hand snaked up into his hair, tugging at it lightly as my lips moved against his. My head spun as his hand slid to my hips and pulled his body impossibly closer to mine. We broke away what felt like too soon, both of us out of breath, our faces inches away from each other.

"I have a question for you." He said, his breath fanning across my face. I hummed a response, not quite trusting my voice yet.

"Would you, Zoe Starr, do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" he asked and I tried but failed to contain the grin that spread across my face.

"I suppose that would be alright." I said biting my lip as his face lit up, a grin of his own taking over his features.

"Perfect." He said before his head dipped and lips met mine again and for once, I was perfectly happy, perfectly content with my life.

Everything was perfect.

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*

That... that's it.

Well, kind of. 

At least one more chapter will come, probably a little follow up/epilogue and I'll also be posting a big authors note at the end for anybody who cares to read it. I'll save most of my words for then but thank you for everyone who has taken the time to read my story. It truly means so much to me.

Now I've got to go so I can leave this room to avoid punching a certain small child in the face :)

XoXo and thank you all

~awkwardpenguin3 aka Chloe