Court Date Pt. 1

Shayna rubbed her growing belly as she looked at herself in the mirror. She was so ready for the boys to arrive. Her doctor had her on strict bed rest, making it difficult for the CEO to run her business. She was beginning to go stir crazy. As she sat on the bed, she grabbed the headphones for her belly. She turned on smooth jazz, and let in play for her growing fetuses. She scrolled up and down her tablet, going over the things that her staff was working on in her absence. A kick to her bladder, made her instantly jump up and scurry to the bathroom. While relieving herself she spoke to her children. "Adrian and Andrew, I don't know which one of you it was, but please don't do that to mommy." She washed her hands and made her way back to the bedroom. She was startled as Shawn burst from the closet with his clothes disheveled.

Shawn looked up at his pregnant wife who was cradling her stomach while trying to catch her breath. He quickly ran over to her, helping her to the bed, asking, "Baby was wrong? Did your water break? Are you in pain?"
"One question at a time Shawn."
"Are you in okay?"
"Yes. You scared me jumping from the closet like a mad man. What's going on anyway," she asked between laughs. After he stopped checking over her body to make sure she was perfectly fine, he kissed her stomach, and replied, "Remember the court date is today."
"Oh yeah, should I get dressed?"
"Baby do you think it's best if you go?"
"Um... Why wouldn't I go? That trick is trying to take our money, so hell yes I'm going to be there," she huffed before getting up off the bed.

Shawn adjusted his navy blue suit in the floor length mirror. He took a brush and brushed his black wavy hair. He went into his office, and gathered everything that he needed in court against Ciara. It was going to be a long day, and he didn't things would look good for him in the end. He put his head inside his hands, and said a silent prayer so that things would go smoothly. He knew that Ciara was only doing all of this for attention, but he didn't care about all that. He knew that in the end, the only one who would suffer from all this would be MacKenzie, and he didn't want to do anything to hurt his princess. She had already been through enough, and he didn't want to put her through anything else. His thoughts were broken by a knock on his office door. He cleared his throat, and shouted, "Come in." Shayna came in carrying a box. Shawn quickly hopped from his seat behind the desk, and grabbed the box from her. She sighed, and took a seat in front of his desk.

Looking at his wife, he took in her appearance. Her skin was radiating from the pregnancy. He was happy that the pregnancy was going smoothly, and that she wasn't letting all of this drama with Ciara stress her out. She was sporting a charcoal gray knee length dress with black leggings underneath. The dress was molded to her body. Shawn never knew a woman who made pregnancy look so effortless. She popped her on black ballet flats before standing from the chair. Her long hair flowed down her back in waves. She wore minimal makeup, and he found that even with that she was flawless. He smiled as a blush crept across her cheeks, as she noticed that he was studying her.

Taking the attention from ogling her, he turned to his desk, and asked, "What's in the box"
"It's the same box that I had the night that Ciara got into the accident."
"Babe that was months ago, why haven't you shown me what's in it?"
"Well I was going to show you a long time ago, but I brought it home, and put it into the garage."
"But why do you have it now?"
"Because I think the things in this box, may help you in your case against Ciara. She is so adamant about making you out to be a deadbeat father, but you and I both have evidence that that's not the case."
"What evidence do you think that I have?"
"Shawn... We're married. I have access to all of your accounts, so I know that you have been sending money to Ciara to take care of MacKenzie. I also know that she has a trust fund, that I have been adding too since I found out about her," Shayna said opening the box.

Shawn stood in awe at his wife. Not once did she question his loyalty or question if she still wanted to be with him. She had been by his side even after finding out about MacKenzie, and instead of wanting nothing to do with her, Shayna had taken her in as her own. For that he would always be grateful to her. She was God-sent, and he would forever treasure her. He was so caught up in thinking God for Shayna, that she had to snap her fingers in front of his face. He shook his head, and looked down in the box. When he saw the things in the box he became irate. He ran his hand over his head, and slammed down on the desk. Shayna jumped back, and looked at him with wide eyes.