Keep Cool

(A/N Thanks for reading Vote, Rate, Comment Thanks)
-Toia <3

Shayna pulled up outside the doctor's office 15 minutes before her scheduled appointment. She cut her engine, and laid her head agaisnt the steering wheel. "What am I going to do? Lord, please be with me. You've never left me so please guide me," Shayna prayed before she stepped out the car. She grabbed her purse, and walked into the doctor's office. "Hi, Shayna Matthews here to see Dr. Cole," Shayna said to the receptionist who quickly pointed to a sign in sheet. "Dr. Cole will be with your shortly Mrs. Matthews please have a seat," the receptionist instructed. 

 As soon as she was going to pick up a magazine, a nurse came out for her. "Good morning Mrs. Matthews, i'm going to be checking your blood pressure," the older nurse informed her. Shayna took a deep breath and let it out slowly. After a minute the nurse took a sharp intake of breath, and asked, "Whoa, your blood pressure is really high. Is everything ok? You know you have to keep your stress down if you are planning to have kids Mrs. Matthews?" Shayna just nodded her head. The nurse lead her to a room with a ultrasound machine, and instructed her to remove her bottom half, and sit on the table. Shayna did as she was told, and sat in silence as she waited for Dr. Cole.

  After about ten minutes Dr. Cole came in. She was a pretty woman about 32 years old, with fire red hair pulled into a bun. She sat down on the stool next to Shayna, and said, "From your charts, I see that your blood pressure is high. Have you been stressed out a lot lately?"
"No, just today. I bunch of things are going on?"
"Hmmm... Well you know what blood pressure can do to a fetus?"
"Yes ma'am."
"Okay, when was the last time you had a period?" Shayna had to think on this question. She didn't get one last month or this month for that matter. After pondering her answer, she said, "About  two months. But it happens all the time, so I figured it was nothing. But when I took a pregnancy test it said positive then I called you, just to make sure."
"Okay, well lets have a look then," Dr. Cole said as she rolled in between my parted legs.  She grabbed the ultrasound stick, lubbed it up, and placed it inside Shayna. Shayna flinched from the coldness of the object, after about two minutes Dr. Cole said, "You are diffently pregnant."
"What? Are you sure?
"Yep! I say you are about 9 weeks."
"A baby? 9 weeks? Oh my... Thank you Lord."
"Not 'A' baby. Two babies." Shayna sat up on the table, as Dr.Cole turned the monitor towards her. When Shayna seen the two small babies she thought she was going to faint. Dr. Cole printed her out two pictures, and explained some precautions to Shayna. She gave her something to clean herself up with, and told her to stop at the desk to make an appointment in four weeks.

 As Shayna left the doctors office she couldn't believe what she had just found out. She was going to be a mother. Finally!!!! But a feeling on hurt and pain came over her, when she thought about the acts that Shawn had committed with Ciara. Would she be able to forgive him? Shayna decided to go to the one person she knew she could talk to.

 When Shayna pulled up at her parents' home she hesitated before going in? What was she going to say? Was she going to tell her mother what Shawn had done to her, to their marriage? When Shayna walked in the house the smell of chocolate chip cookies hit her. As she walked into the kitchen she found her mother taking cookies out of the oven. "Hey mama," Shayna said walking to her mother, and giving her a hug. "Hey baby. What a surprise. Thought you would be at work."
"I'm going back just left the doctor."
"And? How did it go?"
"I'll tell you in a sec. First I want to ask you something. Is there anything that Daddy has done that you've deemed unforgivable," Shayna asked. Her mother looked at her with confusion, then said, "Who am I to tell you that something is unforgivable? Everybody makes mistakes. Now I cant say that I wasnt hurt. But I won't hold a grudge, because that would cause me to block my blessings, and I dont want that to happen. If you love someone you work though your problems. For better or for worse like you said before you said i do. Okay now tell what happend at the doctor," Shayna's mother demanded. Shayna had a giant smile on her face and told her mother the good news.

(A/N Thanks God Bless Vote, Comment, Rate)