Court Date Pt. 2

Shayna and Shawn walked into the courtroom together. Shayna locked hands with him just so that Shawn knew that he was dealing with the Ciara drama on his own. Shawn smiled, and kissed her knuckles sweetly. In the midst of the their exchange, Ciara walked up on the pair. She folded her arms across her chest pushing her breast up through the top of her dress. Shayna rolled her eyes at the antics of the pathetic woman. Ciara looked at Shayna's growing belly, and said, "Well seems like you're ready to pop."
"Yes, just about, but I wouldn't miss this moment for the world."
"What moment is that? The moment you husband loses custody of the most important thing in his life?"
"Ciara you think so highly of your case. You tend to forget that you committed adultery right along with him."
"Oh the court would never look at me that way. They're more concerned with the lying sack of shit that you call you call a husband."
"See it's thoughts like that that's gotten you into this situation," Shayna said turning to go take a seat. Shayna found Ciara to be immature, and she was willing to hurt the man that she wanted to be with just to prove a point.  Shayna still didn't understand the point that Ciara was attempting to make, but she wasn't going to take MacKenzie away from Shawn. Especially not after how close she had gotten with her.

Shawn  turned to go after his wife, but was stopped when Ciara grabbed his arm. Looking down at her hand on his arm, he shrugged her off. She rolled her eyes, and stated, "I see that you're wearing your watch. I guess that you finally have a reason to wear it now. You don't have to worry about your wife finding out about your daughter. Things could have been so different, but you insisted on making things go this way."
"Ciara you wanted things to go this way. You couldn't get over the fact that I love my wife, and my daughter. You want me to pick which one, and I refuse to do such a thing. You wanted things to get this messy, so let's get messy," Shawn said adjusting his suit, and walking to the table beside his lawyer. Shawn hated for things to get this far, he loved MacKenzie, but he also loved his wife. There was no way he was going to choose to give p his rights to his child, and there was no way he was going to leave his wife. Especially not to be with Ciara.

His thoughts were interrupted by the bailiff telling everyone to stand to their feet. He smiled as he knew the judge that sat in front of him. Judge Andrews was close friends of Shawn. He turned to Shayna who had a smirk on her face. The two knew that there was no way that they were going to lose the case. Judge Andrews look down at the file in front of him, looked out over the courtroom, and said, "This is a hearing for sole custody of MacKenzie Elise Matthews. Ms. Sherman do you have any evidence that would cause me to believe that having the child around the Matthews family would cause a danger to the child or yourself? Or evidence that proves that Mr. Matthews has not been willing to be in the child's life?"
"Yes your honor. Here is multiple times I have attempted to contact Mr. Matthews in attempt for him to spend time with his child."
"These are solely phone records. How am I to know that this is his phone number?"
"From the top information, you can see that the phone is registered in his name. From his own mouth, Mr. Matthews has stated that he didn't want to see his daughter, because it would cause conflict between him and his wife."
"I see. Before you and Mr. Matthews engaged in sexual intercourse did you know that he was married?"
"Yes your honor."
"Hmmm", the judge tapped on his chin thinking before he turned to me.

He cleared his throat, and said, "Mr. Matthews do you have a rebuttal?"
"Your honor, I will admit that I hid my child from my wife, but I have not once since the day that she was born neglected my child. Even after finding out about my child, my wife has since welcomed Mac'Kenzie into our home with open arms."
"Mr. Matthews how long have you gone without seeing your child?"
"I believe no longer than 2 or 3 months."
"Why so long of a period?"
"I travel for work, and I had a falling out with Ms. Sherman. She insisted that I leave my wife, and I decided to take some space away from going around. Even though I was not there, I still sent money  for anything that Mac'Kenzie may have needed. Here are my receipts of transactions," Shawn stated handing the papers to his lawyer who took the information to the bench.

The judge looked over the information silently, before turning back to Ciara. She was fidgeting her fingers while her lawyer whispered in her ear. "Mrs. Sherman have you at any time threatened to keep Mr. Matthews from his daughter, if he did not comply to leaving his wife?"
"Your honor, my daughter loves her father, and I would never dream of forcing him to leave his wife," Ciara said so sincerely that it was almost believable. Shayna scoffed at her response to the judge, that it caused the judge to look in her direction. Clearing her throat silently, Shayna sat up in her seat. The judge furrowed his eyebrows, and said, "Mrs. Matthews, I presume?"
"Yes your honor."
"Do you believe what Ms. Sherman has said to be fabrication?
"I don't believe it to be your honor, I know that it is."
"Do you have any evidence of this?"
"Yes your honor. May I approach the bench."
"Yes, you may approach," the judge says sternly. Reaching down into the box that sat next to her feet. Shayna pulled a note, and started walking towards the bench. Before she got to the bench, she turned to Shawn holding her hand out for the watch that was on his wrist. After getting the watch, she approached the bench. Reading the note to himself, Judge Andrews look up to Ciara, who was nervously biting away on her fingernails. "Ms. Sherman you have lied in my courtroom. Therefore I am granting full custody to the Matthews, with your visitation being on the weekends," the judge said harshly before banging the gavel down. He called for the next case while Ciara, panicked, fussing at her lawyer.

Shawn quickly walked over to Shayna kissing her quickly. Not only did he not lose Mac'Kenzie he now had her for more time than he has ever had her. He couldn't have done it without Shayna. Shawn had no evidence to use against CIara to combat the question that the judge asked her, but Shayna knew that the things that Ciara sent in that box would be useful to  them one day, and she was correct. Ciara stormed up to the couple with anger written on her face, and stated through gritted teeth, "Believe me this is far from being over!"

A/N: Hope you guys like it. Idk how many more chapters it's going to have, but I'm guessing maybe four or five. i sense that their drama is far from over.  Please vote and comment- Toia <3