He's Not There For You

***Author's Note: I want to try and put abit of comedy in this one, I've never really done anything comedy in my stories or imagines so I want to give it a go. Enjoy!***

*Your POV*

You just got home from a very stressful day at work, your boss told you to get a certain client on board by the end of tomorrow or you're fired, no pressure. You were stressed out to the max and on the verge of tears, breathing was uncontrollable and coming into a panic attack. One thought about your career coming to an end as a lawyer was all it took, you fell to your knees and broke down, you let it all out. You sobbed, you screamed, you slammed your fists into the floors until they went numb. Eventually you cleaned yourself up just in time for your husband, Prince's arrival.

You wanted to tell him everything going on but he's also struggling with getting this album out and preparing a big New Year's concert as well that will be broadcasted live across the world. You don't want to bother him with your problems but you need someone to talk to, he'll notice your change in mood anyway. But once he knows what's wrong it'll affect him in his work and that'll make you feel guilty.

"Y/N?" Prince calls out.

You look yourself over in the mirror to see if you look presentable enough before stepping out into the foyer, you give him a small smile.

"Hey, baby. How was work?" You ask.

He walks over to you and wraps his arms around your waist and places a soft kiss on your lips.

"I'm getting there. Juggling this album and planning the event isn't as easy as I thought." He sighs.

You hated seeing him like this, you reach up and caress his cheek which he leans into before placing a kiss into the palm of your hand.

"How was your day?" He asks you.

"It was...okay." You answer with as much enthusiasm as you could.

"Okay? What happened?" He questions, eyebrows raised.

"Nothing. It was just a slow day like usual." You sigh.

You didn't want to get into this now, you look up at him and see how exhausted he is but clearly he wants to know, he knows you're hiding something.

"Y/N, you can tell me. What's wrong?" He asks again.

You take a deep breath before taking his hands into yours. As you were about to say something, Prince's best friend, Jerome bursts through the door.

"Helloo! Miss me?" Jerome asks with a grin.