Let's Get Festive

Request For amoniquebee

*Your POV*

It's your birthday today and you just arrived to New Orleans for the Essence Festival, your best friend, Grace, planned this whole trip for you. You couldn't be happier, you had been talking about coming to this festival for ages but to actually be coming to it is surreal. You and Grace head into your hotel to check in. You are both deciding on what to wear to the festival, you hold up two dresses and look at Grace.

"Gracie, which one should I wear? This one says I'm here, I'm sophisticated and mature. Then there's this one that says I'm here for a good time, not a long time." You ask.

Grace looks at the dresses for a little while before speaking up.

"The second one, it's your birthday. You need to go all out for this one, show as much cleavage as you can." She responds.

You laugh as you toss the first dress on your bed and begin putting the other one on. You put your dress on and look at yourself in the mirror and nod.

You look over at Grace, Grace was checking herself out in the mirror

You look over at Grace, Grace was checking herself out in the mirror. You chuckle to yourself, your friends always needs to make sure everything about her outfit is perfect before leaving. But she does look great.

Grace looks over at you and whistles, you roll your eyes playfully

"Woah, get a look at you. All the men will be eating you up later, and women..." She comments.

"I told you I don't swing that way, you flaming galah." You scoff.

She laughs as she pokes your side.

"I know I was teasing. I'm just saying how hot you look that anyone of any sex would want you. Lets get going so we can get our passes." She says.

You both get your purses and head down. You make your way to the festival, as you walk around it looks really cool. You smile to yourself, feeling glad to take time off work to come down here for the weekend. Feels nice to relax and get out to enjoy life, especially for your birthday.