Birthday Blues

Request for: Ari725

*Ariana's POV*

The Night Before My Birthday...

My husband, Prince, invited my whole family to one of his shows downtown at the Staples Centre for my Pre-Birthday Celebrations. My family has always been abit iffy when it came to Prince, they think he works too much, thinking he would rather put his career before his marriage to me.

Pfft what a joke...right?

I finish getting ready in the bathroom, finishing touches on my curly hair. Make sure there isn't any make-up smudges on my face and that my dress is actually zipped up this time...last time I was walking around with an unzipped dress and Prince didn't tell me for his own amusement. I put on my heels and grab my clutch, heading for the stairs. Once I reach the bottom I am met with one of Prince's guards.

"Ready to go, Mrs Nelson? Your family is already on their way." The guard announces.

"Yes I am. And how many times do I have to tell you, you can call me Ariana." I say.

"Yes, sorry." He chuckles.

He helps me into the car and we head off for the centre. When we get there we head backstage, unfortunately I couldn't see Prince before he starts. He's really busy organising everything and getting ready. My family arrives and walks up to me with big smiles.

"Ari." My Mother, smiles.

"Mom." I smile back, hugging her.

"How are you baby?" She asks.

"I'm great! How are you?" I ask.

"Fantastic now that I get to see my Birthday Girl." She smiles.

My Father walks up to me and hugs me, I smile and enjoy the embrace.

"Me too. Happy Birthday my precious girl!" He says.

"Aww thank you Dad!" I smile.

After I warmlt welcome the rest of my family which is just siblings and my Aunt and Uncle, my Mother looks at me.

"Where's this husband of yours? Is he coming out to say hello?" She asks.

"Unfortunately no. He's organising the band and himself before the show starts." I say.

Mother makes a face, I sigh and roll my eyes internally. Thankfully Prince's guard from earlier walks up to us.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the show is about to start. Allow me to show you to your seats." He says.

We all follow him, we get seated and wait in anticipation for the big start to the show. Knowing Prince it'll be huge. As suspected, it was. Even my family were surprised, I smirk to myself. Good. I look up at my gorgeous specimen of a husband doing what he does best.