The Language Of Love That Is Music

Requested by BluebellaMortimer

*Y/N POV*

You were in the kitchen at Paisley Park, finishing making some dinner for you and your best friend of fifteen years, Prince. You hear the clicking of heels approaching you to your left, you look up and there he appears. You smile and he smiles back.

"Hey." P cheers.

"Hey you, you're in a good mood." You smile.

Prince walks up to you, grabbing your hand and twirls you around in a circle. You giggle at his random gesture.

"How could I not be? I finished my next album today and I get to end the beautiful day with my favourite person in the world." He grins, dipping you backwards briefly before bring you back up to your feet.

You laugh at his words, you love his goofiness. He only acted like that around you, never around anyone else and it made you feel special.

"Really? That's so great! Have you organised the release for it?" You ask, placing your hands on his shoulders.

"I sure have. I've organised everything, I'm gonna be doing some Tv appearances too." He smiles.

You look at his face, seeing how happy he is

You look at his face, seeing how happy he is. His hair down and not put up into curls like it usually is. But he's been acting a little differently lately, you can't quite put your finger on it...

"Are you ready to eat?" You ask him.

"Sure!" Prince nods.

You both go to the dining table and sit down, the both of you begin to eat and a silence falls between the two of you. So you clear your throat and end that silence.

"So you know how I've been a nurse since college?" You ask him.

He looks up at you from his plate.

"Yeah?" He says.

"Well after my work lately with the recent accident on the freeway involving those tourists on that bus, and that being the main freeway and me being practically the only nurse able to work that night...the Chief was highly impressed with how I handled everything. He's looking to promote me." You announce.

Prince's eyes widen, he drops his fork.

"Oh my gosh! Y/N this is amazing! You're getting promoted to Nurse Practitioner now?" He asks excitedly.

"Yes I am, I just need to do some courses then it's official! Most of everything I need to know I've already done in college." You beam.