Chapter 33

It's been about a month since Niall left for tour prep. And it's been kind of a crappy month. Lindsey has been packing up all of her stuff, and today- April 19th- is the day my best friend is leaving me for New York. I'm actually really jealous right now because I'm having Niall withdrawls, and the guys are in New York for two more days. I wanted to go with Lindsey to visit her new place, but my new agent called me and said she had some meetings set up for me.

   The Piano Girls made the official announcement of our end on April 3rd. I announced that I was going back into the biz as a solo artist on the 5th. People went crazy. Lindsey set me up with this agent, and I'm totally okay with it because I love her. Her name is Michelle, and she's one of the most fun people I've ever met.

   Anyways, I'm up at 6:30 to help Lindsey finish getting ready to leave. Lucky for her, the place she's going to go work for is paying for the move, so she doesn't have to worry about getting the stuff there on her own. They're even transporting her car. I hope if I ever move for a job (which I know is highly unlikely) they pay for my stuff to be moved. Moving is freaking expensive. Especially when it's trans-state moving.

   While Lindsey finishes getting ready, I put the last of her stuff into her suitcase and zip it up. I don't know why, but even though her flight doesn't leave until like 10, Lindsey wanted to be out of here before the guys that were packing up all her stuff even got here, so I'm dropping her off at the airport at 7:15. The moving guys are coming at 7:45.

   After we eat breakfast (in awkward silence), Lindsey rolls her suitcase over to the door and grabs her toothbrush and toothpaste from her purse and goes to brush her teeth. I''m trying not to cry. My best friend, who has barely left my side for the last 4 years, is moving all the way across the country. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I don't want to live in this huge house all by myself.

   When Lindsey comes out of the bathroom, her eyes are red, like she's been crying. Huh. We get into my car and head for the airport. When we get there and I walk her to the security line, she starts crying. Great.

   "I'm going to miss you so much!" she exclaims, throwing her arms around me and crying into my hair. This, of course, makes me start crying.

   "We'll Skype all the time. You're going to meet a hot guy and bring him here to visit. Promise?" I say, hugging her back. She nods.

   "I'll visit as often as I can. And you'll probably have a freer schedule than me, so you'll have to promise to visit me, too."

   "Of course! I'll come whenever I can. I miss you already." I stumble on my words. We hug for another minute before Lindsey says her final goodbye and heads off to begin the crazy life of a New Yorker. I sadly watch her go, and when she's out of sight, I turn around and leave.

   Right after I get home (it's weird thinking about the fact that it's my house now...), the moving guys show up.  I show them all of Lindsey's stuff and tell them to have fun. They start packing everything up and I go grab a carton of ice cream out of the freezer and go sit on the couch. Yes, I know I'm eating ice cream before 8 o'clock in the morning. And I don't care.

   I watch sad love movies until the moving guys finish all their stuff and ask me to open the garage so they can get Lindsey's car. I sigh and pause the movie I'm currently on and go open the garage.

   "Dude! Whose Mustang is that?" one of the guys asks. I grin.

   "It's mine. Sorry you don't get to take care of it," I tease, throwing him Lindsey's keys. He frowns and I feel a little bad for him. But Lindsey's car isn't bad. It's only like 5 months old, and it's kind of in between sports car and normal car. I don't really know how to explain it.