Pendulum

Today is already starting off like a shitty day I ran out of my "special" pills. Khodie's sister is being annoying and my book sack ripped open this morning.

I was leaving lunch with Reyna when Celia and Lauren walked up to us. I smiled at them, "hey y'all what's up". "So did you get lucky last night I seen you and Khodie leave early" Lauren said. "Yeah I did". I smiled at the thought of last night. "Did you see her birthmark on her right hip. She loves it when you lick on it. It makes her laugh" Celia said. "And how would you know that?". "How do you think I know that.". I ran off from her and I looked for Khodie. My eyes were getting blurry from tears forming in my eyes. I seen khodie with Justin and other boys.

"Hey bae... hey what's wrong with you". "Please tell me that you sleep with Celia. Please anybody but her please". Celia walked over to us, "Please just tell her Khodie. Tell her how much you loved it". "Look I had to okay". "What you mean you had too?.. I can't believe you slept with her". "I can't believe you slept her too". "What.. no I didn't". "Yes you did last week in the girls locker room I saw you". "I had to.. I'm sorry". "Nah not no sorry". "You cheated on me". "And you cheated on me so what's the difference". Celia was laughing at me. "You stupid slut". "What did you just call me?". "I called you a stupid slut".

Celia tackled me on the floor and started to punch me in the face and head. I was chocking her and we were rolling around. I got up and I pulled her to the ground by her hair and I kept punching her in the face. She bite my leg and pulled to the ground and she started to kick me in my ribs. I started to get winded I couldn't catch my breath. Reyna jumped in started whooping Celia ass. I got up and held my stomach because it hurt and my ankle was killing me. I just looked at Khodie because she didn't do anything. I could tell she was hurt and I was too. I limped out of the school to my car and Reyna followed me out.

"Hey Janai are you okay?". "No I'm not okay look at me. Look at my face. That bitch beat my ass and Khodie just stood there she didn't try to stop it". "I didn't think you would have wild out like that when you found out". I just looked at her. "When I found out? You knew she cheated on me Reyna?". "Well I saw her and Celia leave the bathroom at the same time at Lauren's party. So yeah but I told to tell you before I did". "So you had me walking around here looking stupid this whole time". "I'm sorry". "Yeah you are sorry you are suppose to be my sister we are best friends we tell each other everything big and small. I can't believe you did this to me. Just get out of here. Go I don't want to talk to you". "Where are you going to go". "I don't need you". I hopped in my car and drove to Khodie's to get some stuff I packed my bags and Mr. Danny was downstairs with his girlfriend Isla.

"What happened to you Janai". "Your daughter is what happened to me. I just want to say thank you for everything but I'm leaving. Me and Khodie aren't together anymore. I appreciate everything you done for me". "Bye sweetie you take care of your self and keep taking those meds and I put more money in your account. You can still call me if you need anything". I gave him a hug and I just cried. "Thank you so much". I drove to the nearest Hilton and I checked in. I just can't believe this I just looked at my promise ring and I took it off and I put into the end table drawer and I cried myself to sleep.

****
I watched as Janai limped out of the school. I felt emotionless. Like I didn't care that she got beat up. I just feel sad. Reyna ran up to me. "Well good fucking job Khodie now she's mad at both of us". She said as she stormed off. I left school and I went home. My dad was sitting on the sofa as I walked in. "Come here Khodie". "Dad today's not a good day". "Just come here" he motioned me to him and I sat beside him. "Tell me what happened because Janai took her things and Spechelle and she left".

"She found out about me and Celia but she cheated on me with Celia too. Just because I did it first doesn't make a difference". "Well why did you cheat on her in the first place". "Well Celia was black mailing me about telling Janai about the mom situation and I wasn't ready to tell her about it yet so at Lauren's party I slept with her to keep her quiet". "And it backfired". "Yes dad it did". I laid my head in his lap and I cried. "Well you should have just been honest from the beginning even though it's a hard thing to talk about". "Daddy Im really in love with her. I've never felt this way before it's new to me and it was just like a cut in my soul when I found out she cheated on me too". "Well Khodie two wrongs don't make a right. Maybe you two just need a couple days apart. To figure some things out". "Maybe your right". "And I got you some studio time L.A. Reid wants you to start working on some stuff". "Okay I guess".

I went up to my room. All of Janai's stuff was gone all but a tshirt. I sniffed the shirt it still smelled like her. I just cried I was in pain it felt like I was suffocating. I thought we was suppose to be together forever. I got my lighter out of my bathroom cabinet. I put the flame my right thigh. I frowned up at the pain.
****
I woke up to my phone ringing. I was going to ignore it but it was Lauren. "Hello". "Hey Janai how are you feeling". "I feel like shit". "Yeah I told off Celia after you left. She was playing both of you guys and I didn't like it. I don't understand why she would do that. I'm sorry that she had to do that to you too. I told her that If she doesn't change her ways we can't be friends anymore". "Well thank you Lauren". "No problem I'm here for you when ever you need me". "Thanks". I hung up the phone.

I picked up Spechelle and I cuddled her close to my chest. I was thinking about my mom. I really missed her so bad. I think I'm gonna go to my house to see my mother. I know she would be happy to see me. That would brighten my mood. She can't see me like this. I went to the bathroom and cleaned my face up a bit and changed my clothes. And I drove to my old house and my mom was sitting outside on the porch on a swing bench. "Hey mom". "Janai is that you? Where have you been? It's been months?". Suddenly the door swung open and I was yanked by my hair to the floor.