All I want is you

"Come on Khodie wake up you have therapy". I said as I shook her. She groaned and pushed my hands away. "Look now you have to get up this is important if you ever want to fully walk again". "Fine I'm up". I wrapped her arm around my neck and I helped her up and walk to the bathroom. I grabbed her walker. "Alright don't take to long we have to get a move on".

I got Khodie dressed and ready. We were riding around because I swear this girl didn't know what she wanted to eat for breakfast. "Babe what do you want?". "Just go to Burger King and get me a large hash brown". "Okay I just need a coffee".

****

It's been a couple of weeks of being in therapy and I don't need a walker anymore I'm so much better. Janai has literally been my rock she's been taking care of me for a whole month. She hasn't complained not once. I know that this was stressful but she stayed by my side. I love this girl so much. I'm just so grateful.

I was catching up on a a lot of homework that I missed. I needed to finish everything to graduate. I'm truly fortunate to have some one like Janai. I was waiting on her to get home we are suppose to meet up with my dad.

After a few hours of hell I was finally finished. Janai finally came home. "What took you so long?". "Uh I got my hair done my nails done I went out with Isla and I had to get my laser away". "Okay that is a lot. Your hair looks nice baby". "Awe thanks". She sat beside me she laid her head on my chest. "I missed you Khods". "I miss you too.. what do you say we go out just you and me this weekend".

"Okay where we gonna go?". "Hawaii..". "You mean like a mini vacation". "Yes.. like a mini vacation.. Just you and me. I just want to show you my appreciation to you. You have really been holding me down. I love you". "I love you too okay well let's get packing"

****
We packed our bags and I booked our flights. We went to the restaurant to meet up with Khodie's dad and sister. "How you been holding up Khodie?". "I've been amazing dad. Janai really been holding me down". "Oh has she?? That's really good". Charlie looked at me like she hated me. "Will you all excuse me" I got up and I went to the bathroom.

When I got out the stall there was Charlie waiting on me. "What do you want?". I went to wash my hands. "So Janai lets have a talk". "About what Charlie?". "Leave my sister alone. You don't deserve her". "What do you mean? I'm amazing to your sister?".

"No your not. Your as common as ever. Sweetheart your cute and all but don't think Khodie is ever gonna marry you or anything". I got in her face. "Charlie I'm far from common sweetie. Now you! You are as common and basic as they come. Now I love Khodie and I adore her she's my lover and my best friend. You think just because you say you don't want us together. We won't be. Baby girl we are going to be together forever. And you bitch just gonna have to get over it".

"Look you little whore. I will beat your ass. You played my sister before and I know you will again. All you are after is her money you don't care about her you little gold digging ass whore". I slapped the taste out of her mouth and she slapped me back. "How dare you.. how fucking dare you. I would be broke with Khodie I love her because of her heart and her personality not because of her money. And if you ever put your hands on me again I will break your hand". I took a deep breath and I walked out.

****
Janai left and then a second later my sister did. "So dad me and Janai will be leaving tonight for the weekend". "Long as you guys are safe and call me when you get there". "So I wanted to tell you something? "And what is that Khodie?". "I want to propose to Janai". "When? And you sure".

"Yes dad I mean I want to spend the rest of my life with her". "Khodie marriage is a big deal baby girl. It's a lot of commitment. You can't just brake up and leave. You have to sit there and figure things out. You think that you and Janai are stable enough?". "I mean when things are good they are good. When things are bad they are but I don't want anymore else". "Long as your sure". "Well can I ask for one more thing?". "What is it?". "I know you still have moms ring. I want it be special. I want to give her moms ring". "Uh yeah Khodie you can have it". "Thanks daddy your the best I swear". "No problem honey I love you". I love you too dad".

Janai came back to the table all flustered. Her cheek was super red. "What's wrong with you" I whispered to her. Then Charlie comes sit down too her cheek red as well. I rolled my eyes at my sister. Why can't she stop being so messy. Ugh I can't stand her.