I Loved Loving You

Tobin's POV

I just met my roommate Alex and I must say, she may be the most beautiful women I have ever laid eyes on. I just got back into the living room and I hear my phone go off, hearing the ring tone I have set for Christen. Christen is my ex, we broke up about a month ago. I have never been one to take something like that hard, but I did, with her I was ready to give my heart to her and I did. She didn't take care of it though.....
Tobin's Flashback
Hey Chris you home? I ask coming in her front door. I called her after I got out of practice to check on her, because she told me she was sick and would not be there. She never answered and so I wanted to try to make her feel better. I walked up the steps to her room and as I am gradually coming closer I hear faint moans. I knew right away it was the pleasure moans coming from the one I love (once loved). I knew I didn't want to see what I was about to walk in on, but I had to know the truth.
Oh... my...God I let slip as my eyes make contact with her body pressed against another girl on her bed in a heated make out.
Tobin oh dear god... she says as she shot up buttoning her shirt and walking towards me. I am frozen in shock, tears for the first time in years rimming my eyes. I come back to reality... here these are ... um... for you, and I brought you soup to help you feel better, I say with out pulling my watering eyes to meet her's. I turn to walk out, but she grabs my arm. Baby it isn't what it looks like, please let me explain. I can't look at her, I just turn around in one swift and smooth motion, I gently but confidently push her against the door of the room. I connect our lips for I know it will be the last time. She kisses me back and bites my lip as I pull away, she groans from the lost of contact. I lean into pressing my body dangerously close to her, with my leg in between her's. I whisper in her ear making sure to have my lips graze her ear as I speak. (I pray she treats you like a queen, gives you her heart. I hope she protects your body like it's gold. I hope she treats you with love, care, and complete compassion.) I kiss her cheek slowly, I can't believe but I actually let a tear fall. I love you, my voice chokes at the end. At that moment I run out the door not giving her time to say anything.
End of Flashback

I take a deep breath as I read the caller ID that reads, Chris🔑. I declined the call and just sat there thinking, she has called every day since I walked out. She left a voicemail and I turned it on the listen to it. Hey Tobs it's me, .... Chris.... please please let me make it up to you, I made a mistake... the worst mistake of my life. Please just give me a chance to talk. Call me when you can... I love you Tobin Heath.
I think for a while then I realize I am face timing her, why am I doing this I ask myself? Before I can hang up the phone she answers first ring.
Ft Call-
Christen- Tobs is that you?
Tobin- Yes Christen it is me. Are you okay?
Christen- No Tobs I am not okay. I love you, I need you, I want you and only you. Please give me another chance. I am not with her, I don't know what came over me. Baby please.
Tobin- I gotta go.
Christen- Tobin Powell Heath don't hang up this phone. Love me again. Please. No one loves me like you did. I was so stupid, I hate myself for what I did to you and may never be able to forgive myself either. Love me again Tobs, please.
I look up from the phone and see Alex with confused eyes on the couch, staring at me as I sit in the floor.
Christen- Tobs?? Please say something
Tobin- I.. I uh.. um..
Christen- You don't love me anymore do you? She says starting to cry.
Tobin- Hell Christen I never stopped, but that does not change anything. I gave you my heart, my everything, and you.. you took advantage of me. I loved loving you. You will always be my first love Christen, but I needed and have moved on. You need to do the same, for me please do. I glance up at Alex who is intensely listening to the conversation.
Christen- That's the problem, baby I can't move on from you. I crave you, I hate knowing someone else can have you. The thought of your caring hands on someone else. I was going to tell her to stop because I am not alone, my cheeks are getting flushed from Alex's glacier eyes watching my every move. I decided against it I see how far she was going to go. I miss everything about you, from your extra raspy voice in the morning, the way you looked at me with so much passion, or.. or..
Tobin- Christen I care about you, but I am over you. I am sorry. I hope you can understand.
Christen- I understand Tobs, but I am not going to give up till you are mine again. I will win you back Tobin Heath.
Tobin- Goodbye Chris
I slid my phone back in my sweatshirt pocket and leaned my head back. Are you okay? Alex asks me. Me? Oh yes of course. Was that your girl.. she started but I interrupted.. ex, she's my ex girlfriend. Oh I am sorry to hear that. No it's okay I am over it. I am going to go next door, my friend wants me to meet her roommate. I'll talk to ya later Alex. Before she could respond I rushed out.