Happy New Year

Alex's POV
We just arrived at this beautiful campus that has a golfing range, a bunch of small cabins, and a huge cabin at the end of the road/driveway that Tobin pulls in front of. Tobin gets out, but before I can my door is opened for me and a man that is dressed in a suit gives me a hand out. "Welcome back Miss Heath. I will have someone take your vehicle to the parking garage right away." He says turning to Tobin. She puts her hand on the small of my back and begins to walk beside me to the opened doors of the cabin. "Thank you David." She says not looking back at him.

When we get inside there are a few people here and there talking and people sitting on the large furniture pieces in the room. Tobin leads me up a spiral staircase. Once we get to the top a lot of people at once calls out to Tobin. "Welcome home Tobin." They all say. She just smiles and waves to everyone. There is music lightly playing, and I can see more suited men walking around with trays of food champagne offering it to people. "This place is amazing Tobin." I say looking around amazed by everything. "This is nothing, wait till you see this." She says as she leads me over to a set of double doors and nods at a suited male to open the door for us. When he does we emerge onto a huge balcony with a view of a lake as far as the eye can see. I was beyond amazed, it was beautiful. A HUGE flat screen was to the side with the New Years Eve ball drop show playing on it. "Tobin your here." I hear another girl that looks like her call to her from a distance. Tobin hugs her and returns to standing beside me. "Tobs I can't wait for you to sing" she said smiling at Tobin. "Good and speaking of that I need to go find dad and get set up." Tobin says beginning to look around. "This is Alex by the way Katie. Alex this is my other sister Katie." Tobin adds. "Nice to meet you Alex. Tobs why don't you go find dad and get ready and Alex can hang with me and Per." Katie asks Tobin. Tobin looks at me and hesitates for a minute, but then she nods her head in agreement. "I'll see you in a little while. Meet new people, everyone here knows me. If someone hits on you just tell them I am Tobin's girl." She said winking at me before running off to find her dad.

After she left Katie turned to me. "My sister really cares about you, you know that right?" She asks me out of the blue. "Yes I know and I care about her too." I say trying to and a smile at the end. "Yeah well, I better not come ever home to hear she was hurt by you again." She spats out to me and I instantly feel guilt paralyze my body. "It will never happen again." I say barely audible. "Good, glad we understand each other." She said before going inside and Jeffrey waving for me to come over to him at the edge of a little stage. "Hey Alex hang around here with me so when my sis gets up there you have perfect view." He says with a warm smile similar to Tobin's. I just smile and nod at him.

"Good evening everyone, glad you all could come out tonight to bring in the New Year all together." Tobin's dad comes out onto the stage. "We have a special guest her tonight and I know the ones of you that know are very excited. For those of you that don't I think you guys are going to be really stoked. It's been quiet some time since they've been up here, I think about 4 years to be exact. Yeah they were babies then." He continued laughing a little. "So give a warm home welcome to my daughter Tobin Heath, nephew Joseph Grey, and there friends from Ridge High School." He said and everyone erupted in cheers. What I was not excepting was for a full out band to come on stage and Tobin coming to the front Mick with a guitar. "Hey guys, um most of you if not all know who I am and we are so we are going to start with an old one and then I'll introduce you guys to the new piece. It's good to be home, so lets have a good time." She said smiling out to the crowd. Then she and the boy on the electric guitar started singing.

Everybody knows she's a perfect ten
And I'm hanging on tight til the whole thing
ends
'Cause New York Sky don't get much
brighter
She sets, she sets the city on fire