Just Like This

Alex's POV

I decided to stay with Ryder so I wouldn't have to face Tobin just yet. He of course was wanting more then talk once we got to the room, but I came up with the excuse that I didn't feel good. I was completely restless last night because every time I would fall asleep I would have the same dream and wake up in the same spot.

{Dream}
'Allie I am nervous' I spoke in a shaky voice. 'Alex there is no reason to be nervous' she said zipping the back of my wedding dress. 'You look stunning' she said trying to ease my nerves. 'I just hope Tobin likes it' I said with pure hope in my voice. She gave me a sad look and exhaled deeply. 'Al did you mean to say Ryder? You are fixing to marry Ryder Grey.' she said and my heart ached. 'Alex, sweetie... you need to let Tobin go. Know one has heard from her in 4 months.' she said holding my hand in her's. I felt like crying but I held together for my makeups sake. Allie had left and I was just about to go out when I knock came on the door. I walked over to answer and when I opened the door, everything seemed to stop. Tobin, the true love of my life was standing in the door way. 'Tobin' I rasped out. 'You came. You're here. You actually here.' I was whispering and i don't really know why. Maybe I was afraid if I talk to loud she'd disappear. 'Hi Superstar' she said giving me a small smile. 'You-you look... amazing! You are a beautiful bride'  she spoke but I was so out of it by looking her up and down in awe. I felt myself start to lean in and I thought I could see her leaning in also. 'You were supposed to be the one I say (I do) with.' I say before pulling her by the neck of her button up and kissed her with everything I had. 'Don't marry him Alex. Will you leave with me?' she asked inches away from my face after pulling away.
{Dream over}

I woke up every time before I can answer her question. I was hurting bad, now more than ever. 'Hey babe you have training so lets go grab a bite before.' Ryder said in his usual warm smile. I didn't want to go, I just wanted to lay around and feel sorry for myself. I pulled myself out of bed and we made our way out. When we got to the small cafe we sat ourselves at a table for two. A woman came up to take our order with a bright smile. She was instantly checking Ryder out. I know... I should be mad and getting jealous but truth is I never was. I was instantly hit with the presence of my world walking in the cafe. Tobin walked in with the girl she was with yesterday on her arm. Now that is when my jealousy comes out, I felt like ripping the girl's throat out. I hadn't even noticed Ryder flirting back with the girl. Tobin didn't notice me there and that I was thankful for. She walked the girl over to the table and pulled her chair out for her. A girl waitress I hadn't seen before walked to the table and she greeted Tobin like she knew her, even giving her a light peck on the cheek. When she walked off Tobin smiled at the girl across from her and the girl took Tobin's hand in her's. I couldn't watch this any longer I quickly got up and walked out. I was so close to tears that I didn't even hear Ryder call my name. Once I get outside I felt him tug my arm. 'Alex I am sorry if her flirting with me made you mad. You know I love you.' He spoke and it only made me want to cry a river. 'I've got to go get ready for the warm up before the game.' I said walking as fast as I could from him. I had completely for got we even had a game today against Germany.

{after game- Tobin's POV}

I just got back to the hotel with Laure, she leaves for a night flight in a few hours so we are heading to my room to make sure she has everything. The game went great we won 2-0 Alex and Carli score of course, off my assists.

Alex's POV

When I got back to the hotel I asked if Ryder wanted to go get dinner or something, but he said he actually had to go pack and leave for an early flight. After saying goodbye to him I made my way to my room. When I reached the corner to turn to get there I could clearly hear Tobin's voice and my heart beat sped up a little. It quickly changed though when I heard her girlfriend Laure's.