Someone Like You

Tobin's POV

I am stoked to see Allie, because it's been like 9 months since the last time. She has been on this team for a little over a year and she loves it. She says they are all extremely close and the coach is excited to have me joining. I am so much different then I was when I left. I am happy to be back, but I am going to miss Paris.

I just got to the hotel where I am supposed to meet the team. I am greeted at the door by the coach who says to come with her to the meeting room. When I get it there I see everyone talking and carrying on till I hear Allie. "Omg Harry" she yells coming to me and tackling me in the doorway. "Okay ladies, this is Tobin Heath from PSG. She is originally from the US and now has returned to join us for the World Cup. Make sure she feels welcome and introduce yourselves. The rooming list is at the front desk, so look at it and then you may head to your rooms. Dinner is at 6 so don't be late." The coach says while ushering us to leave.

Alex's POV

I was sitting waiting on coach while talking to Allie when she squeals like a little girl. "Omg Harry" she yelled trying to damage my hearing. I froze knowing who that nickname belongs to. Then I heard coach say the name that was once my favorite. Why did hearing it make my heart skip a beat? As soon as coach released us I walked slowly to the front desk. Yes I am trying to avoid her, because I know I can't face her. I get closer to see her standing there as Allie checks the list. Allie frowns and I see her mumble my name and then Tobin check the list. She runs her hand through her hair and hugs Allie before walking away. I walk up after they leave and look to see that I am rooming with her. This should be just great. When I get to the room Tobin is on the phone with her back to me. "Yeah I made it.... Yeah the flight was good.... she laughs at something the person on the other line said.... I miss you too Laure.... Not as great as you.... "she must be talking to her girlfriend. I bet she is pretty" I thought to myself. Yeah, talk to you soon. Love you too... bye. She hung up and turned to find me standing there awkwardly. She looked even more beautiful now then when I saw her last. Her tan is just a little darker than I remember, and her hair is a little lighter. I can't believe it is her, Tobin Heath, right in front of me again. "Hope you don't mind I picked the bed by the window. You can have the room to yourself, I am going to head down to dinner early." She said while walking passed me.

After dinner I went to Allie's room before going to mine to talk. "What are you going to do?" She asked when I sat down on her bed. "What do you mean?" I asked, but knowing very well what she is asking about. "Alex I know you are still in love with Tobin. The only reason why you even started dating Ryder was to try to get over her," she said. I felt my heart sink and blood boil. "What the hell Allie? You don't think I know this. I miss her everyday since the day in the airport I have. I have lost countless nights of sleep over it. I do still love her,... hell I mean... I never stopped. Plus the fact that she looks even better then when I last saw her. Allie I won't be able to handle myself being near her. What do I do?" I was mad, not at Allie but at myself. "I don't know Alex, but I'd just wait it out for a while and see how things go." She said and I just nodded, hugged her saying goodnight, and heading to my room. When I got there I heard before I even got the door, the sound of Tobin's guitar and then followed by her mesmerizing voice. I could hear her clearly and I couldn't bring myself to open the door.

{**********}
I heard that you're settled down
That you found a boy and you're married
now
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess he gave you things I didn't give to
you

Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the
light