Chapter Sixteen

Louis stared at his phone. Nothing came.

He was so confused. Louis looked for Stan to let him know he'd be back.

"Louis!!! I asked Harry if he looooves youuu," Stan giggled, "He didn't answer thought."

"What did he say?" Louis' heart sped up.

"I forgoot. I think he ask why, 'n I said for the bet silly." Stan smiled.

Louis shoved Stan into the wall, "You told him about the bet?!? You fucking idiot!" Louis ran out of his flat and to his car as fast as possible. He drove to Harry's like a bat out of hell. He was sure he broke like ten laws, but he didn't care when he pulled in the parking lot of Harry's building.

He ran to the door and banged his fist hard on the worn down, faded blue surface of the wood. "Harry!" Louis' distressed voice called out. "Please open the door." Louis quited down and put his ear against the cool door. When he heard nothing, he started knocking again.

Suddenly a loud and furious "Go fuck yourself, Louis" sounded.

Louis knocked more. "Let me explain," Louis pleaded with the angry boy on the other side of the stupid blue plank of wood.

The door was yanked open in front of Louis face. The movement causing Harry's unruly brown hair to fly back a bit.

"Explain what? The fact you're a monster or the fact that you fucking used me?"

Louis bit his pink bottom lip harshly. The pain didn't register in his brain because the pain in his chest at the thought of losing Harry was overpowering everything. "It not how it seems-" Louis started.

"Oh really? So you didn't bet Stanley that you could make me fall in love with you for one hundred pounds?" Harry asked sarcastically. He gripped the blue wood hard, so hard his knuckles were white.

"It's kind of how it seems," Louis admitted softly. Harry went to shut the door, but Louis stuck his petite foot between the door and the frame. It hurt like hell because Harry had tried to slam it. "There is more to the story," Louis said when Harry reopened the door to see what stopped its loud close.

"I don't care."

Louis looked at Harry's face. His hair looked like it had distressed hands running through it. His face was red with tear tracks running down it. His lips were red and plump from all of the anxious biting. He had brown and blue bags under his dull green eyes. Everything happy seemed to have left his body and it was Louis' fault.

"Listen Harry, I made that bet and it was stupid, but you're the best thing to ever happen to me-" Louis stepped in Harry's frigid flat.

"No, I wasn't. You told that to all those people you used as toys. I thought you changed," Harry spat out at Louis. Each word like a hammer forcing a nail deeper and deeper into Louis' fragile heart.

"I did change. You changed me." Louis' voice cracked.

Harry chuckled humourlessly, "No, I'm looking at the same pathetic guy I saw that day you first broke that guy Niall's heart. You're still an awful person."

Louis' eyes watered, "You don't mean that do you?"

"I mean every fucking word, Tomlinson. You're pathetic. Although, I am not sure what's worse your existence or the fact I actually trusted you," Harry said. He was so angry at Louis. So so so angry.

Louis felt a warm tear slowly roll down his face.

"No," Harry said, "You don't deserve to cry or feel sorry for yourself. You did this to you. You're the one who decided to take advantage of someone you though was easy. Someone who was weak-"

"Harry, you mean so much to me! I never would have thought about ever talking to you without that bet! I never would have met someone so amazing. Hell, I fell for you so hard that I didn't even spare a glance at anyone since I first started talking to you! I haven't even slept with someone in three weeks," Louis ranted. He wanted for Harry to understand so badly. He'd give anything.

Harry scoffed, "Do you want a fucking cookie? You're so stupid. Do you not realize how hurt I am right now? You meant so much to me. I never trusted anyone before. I even started liking you. I fucking fancied you."

"Why are you using past tense? Harry, please I can't just remove you from my life! I love you. I want you to be mine! Harry please I'm a stupid guy. You make me feel like an actual lovable person." Louis wiped more of his warm, sticky tears.

"I don't know why," All the anger had left Harry now, "I don't know if you even are lovable."

The stood in silence. Louis had tears rolling down his face and Harry couldn't feel anything.

Louis had really fucked up now. He ruined his only chance at happiness. He ruined everything. Harry with his beautiful eyes, lips, body, hair, personality, and his humbleness, and just everything. The angel of his nightmares is standing right front of him. Louis is watching him break and crumple in front of his very eyes. Harry's resolve is gone now. He was stripped bare of everything but pain, a lot of pain.

"I hope you're happy with your one hundred pounds," Harry said. Louis watched as a tear streamed down Harry's perfect face in a curved line.

Louis looked at Harry confused. "What do you mean?"

Harry wiped his face vigorously. His tears were a nuisance. Harry looked into Louis' watery iced blue eyes. He felt so much betrayal from the guy in front of him. He felt pathetic for being played with so easily. He was so stupid for letting his walls down. Harry lived by the saying "conceal, don't feel" because hiding his life was easier than living it.

"It means I loved you."

Those five words stopped Louis' heart and started it at the same time. "You .... you ... you ... you love me?" Louis' hoped swelled.

"Loved," Harry corrected. Louis' hopes deflated.

"Please stop using past tense. Please still love me, Harry. Please don't leave me like everyone else in my life has." Louis was wondering if he should beg on his knees.

Harry sniffed, "I don't want to love you anymore. Maybe everyone leaves you because you stupid shit like this and you push then away."

Louis literally deflated. Everything happy in him left in the span of seven words.

"I'm so sorry, Harry. It stopped being about the bet a long time ago," Louis informed him.

"The point is it started because of the bet. Not because you genuinely cared about me. Now please, get out," Harry pointed to the door.

Louis trudged to the blue door. He opened it and stepped in the empty, narrow corridor. He turned around, "I'm sor-" The sound of a slamming door cut him off. He stared at the faded blue of the door and broke down. He was full on sobbing in the dirty, old hallway of the poor building. The only sound to be heard was his obnoxious crying in front of the flat of the love of his life. The fading blue colour of the door mocking him. The door of their relationship was just slammed in his face. Louis only stopped crying when his Nan heard and took him in her flat to have have explain.

Harry heard it all. He sat against the blue door crying to himself as well. The only difference was he was all alone in this cruel world.

AN

bam what.

it is Mon. Feb. 10th 2014 andI like wrote this in thirty minutes and I don't know if it's good or not.

yes I mentioned that dammed blue door like 3729 times, but it is important as of now.

okay

Dedication to I Love1Demi because you noticed my word play. Can anyone notice song lyrics hidden in this?

ALSO READ MY NEW LARRY STORY AND MAKE SURE VOTE  BYE

EU: 30 votes and 11 comments.

muah

XxDimples..

early update even though you didn't earn it.