Chapter Seventeen.

Harry wakes up at three in the morning to a call. He rubs his eyes, and picks it up.

"Mr. Styles?"

"Yeah?" Harry's voice was groggy from absence of use.

"Your mum's condition is only getting worse without the treatments. She is terribly weak and I think you should spend as much time with her as you can." The nurse explained.

Harry hung up and flopped on his back once more. He rubbed his eyes again more vigorously this time. Perfect. Just perfect.

He got up and brushed his teeth and got dressed. He walked to his kitchen and stood over the sink. He stared at the basin blankly.

Harry was just done with everything. His classes start in thirty minutes and he didn't have anymore fucks to give. It may be the stupid thing he will ever do, but he's skipping to go to the hospital.

Harry ties his shoes slowly. The tube is just ten minutes away on foot. He starts walking in the direction. It was snowing, but he still didn't have any fucks to give as he traveled on. Five minutes into the walk Harry lost feeling in his hands and feet. He only had a measly jacket to fend off the cold.

The air stabbed at his body like one million needles. He felt like a piece of meat in the freezer.

He was three minutes away from the tube now and he couldn't feel his ears or nose. He wasn't sure if he was even breathing. His lips were blue and he broke into a run.

When he got to the tube he paid the man the money and entered the heated car he sighed. It hurt at first. The heat burning his skin almost. After a while, though, he felt relieved almost. He found a seat and sat next to a woman, who smelled like sunshine somehow, and a man, who smelled like an attractive man. Did that make sense?

Harry smiled at the woman.

"Hi, my name is Jay."

"Harry," He replied, "nice to meet you. What are you in London for?"

She looked at her chipped nails, "My son is here. I'm heading to the hospital though."

"So am I. Is a relative there?" Harry asked the kind lady.

Jay smiled, "No, I'm a nurse. This was my day off, but one of my patients I care for is having problems with her blood."

Harry noticed the scrubs on the woman's body, "What kind of problems?"

"She has cancer and her white blood cells stopped fighting it for some reason. She needs a blood transfusion today. I called her son today, maybe when he comes in he could give blood," Jay sighed, "You should donate blood too. It pays in more ways than one."

Harry nodded. "That's a nice thought."

"So why are you going to the hospital?" Jay looked at Harry.

"My mum, Anne, is staying there."

"Anne Cox?"

Harry nodded.

"That's the woman I was talking about. She's a lovely woman. Has your mum spoke of me? I'm Jay Deakin. My husband is your mother's doctor."

"She has spoke of you if you're the woman with seven children."

Jay let out a soft, bubbly laugh, "That's me. Seven dwarfs, as I call them," She looked at Harry, "I have multiple kids, and I'd like you to know that after looking after your mum for years, if there is anything I can do-"

"I'm fine," Harry said quickly. "I'm a big boy ... in college and everything."

Jay laughed again, "Good, my son is too, but he just parties. You are gonna have to meet Karen. She'd love you. Liam," Jay looked at the kid on the other side of Harry, the one who smells like attractiveness concentrated into a scent, "this is Anne's son she is talking about constantly."

Liam looked at Harry, "You're cuter than your mum said."

Harry blushed as the tube came to a yield.

"If I wasn't dating Niall, I'd give you my number."

"I actually got out of a complicated relationship." Harry's mind flooded with pictures of the fucking blue door as it shut on Louis' desperate face. He could hear Louis' broken sobs.

▪▪▪

Louis slammed Stanley against the lockers. "Fuck you."

"You should be thanking me! I saved you from a freak." Stan spat out.

Louis threw Stan on the ground. "He isn't a freak. You're pathetic," Louis took the one hundred pounds out of his pocket and threw it on the ground next to Stan. "I don't want your money."

He didn't stay to see if Stan got back up. He ran to Biology to see if Harry was there. But he wasn't.

Harry was in a hospital room a couple of miles away, watching his mum enter cardiac arrest.

A/N

Happy birthday to me happy birthday too me, this is really fucking short, but happy birthday to me.

It's still February 17th where I am and I'm fourteen yey.

its 11:58 and I'm trying to post this before 12 so

dedication to carolinne_ (?)

muah

XxDimples