[xi] talks

[xi] 
             [niall]
 [June 15, 2014]

          The flight seemed really shorter than I expected. Since most of us were tired there was no doubt that more than half of the crew fell asleep for the one hour we were in the air. Everyone except me. I was wide awake with open eyes either looking outside at nothing but black space or occasionally checking if someone was awake so I'd get company. I wasn't in luck.

         I even tried engaging myself in a film or two to watch, but I got bored soon and couldn't even complete ten minutes into either. My mind just wasn't ready to be focused on something specific that moment and in short I was restless. With everyone snoring off like lazy arses I was left with nothing to do and thus, I started thinking.

         All the random thinking got made me come to a conclusion, a very important one that is. I realized I am so into getting Amber to like me or whatever else that can be called, that I didn't even spare time to appreciate and cherish the fact that she's in fact here. In person. I missed out on a lot even though it's not even been a week. 

         I didn't pay attention to the fact that I didn't have her for a period of time and that I had missed her so much; and so I couldn't take this for granted anymore. The next hour just passed like that as I stared at a sleeping Amber who sat in front of me. Sounds creepy I know, but no one's awake right? And it's not like I'm able to help myself when the entire situation is already complicated.

         It was like my mind spun around right down the memory lane. All those things I learned about her in the course of almost eight months we were together and the way it was cut short was gruesome, but now I know I have the chance to know her in a better way. 

         To the normal person's eye, Amber will be just another girl. If you think about her as just a friend, no one will find anything special about her. She's just like everyone else. She gets sad, she gets happy and she gets angry. It's not hard for her to get along with everyone even though she takes time, and to the world's eyes she's just another striving young girl.

          But not many know the little secrets and things about her. When she's all furious and angry, she looks like she'll start chasing you with a knife any second but then it's her who interrupts the argument or fight by bursting into a fit of laughter. Especially with me, she used to reason it was just impossible to argue with me. 

           We had disagreements, we used to be annoying, stubborn and dumb towards each other like every couple out there but then I loved the way she was always excited whenever we met or went out. Another thing about her is her overly clumsy self. She'll cry during films, even sleep with her mouth open, climb on sofas and fight with curtains or even trip over the most random things. And when it comes to cleaning, you know there is trouble. But what I love about it all is when she'll get tired and will just want to cuddle.

          I've learned to love her not in spite of all this, but I've learned to love it all and I know I won't stop. 

           Even though we had the whole day to ourselves I decided not to anything and just stay in the hotel room. I needed a day of relaxation after the two concerts we had on two consecutive days, because no matter what it's really tiresome as much fun it is.