[xxv] last goodbye

[xxiv]
               [niall] [October 25, 2014]

              That day perfectly five months ago still plays clearly in my head― when Amber walked away after we told her the truth, because she needed air. But right now I’m only focusing at the beautiful sight in front of me as I overlook from our hotel room. The sea was a mix of aquamarine and turquoise pristine water. The sky was calm and peaceful, white fluffy clouds almost merging in the faint blue. Roofs of white little buildings peeked out from all over the island. We were in Santorini.

            By we I mean everyone― literally everyone. Normally after a tour is over, the five of us head to our hometowns to meet with family because being together and seeing each other’s faces for almost the whole year can be a little boring sometimes. We did that, we headed home and spent a couple of days with our families, and then in an instant decision, we planned a holiday for a week later. Which includes all members of all our families, so that makes like thirty of us or something but I haven’t really counted.

            And let me tell you, it’s pure chaos.

            But now that the only things my mind has to worry about are the upcoming album, next year’s tour and if Amber loves me or not, it’s a thousand times relieving. Finally everything feels back to normal, though a couple of pieces are yet to fall back in place. But it isn’t something massive to worry about, I can tell by the featherlight feeling in my heart.

           Things change with time, and so have people around me. Amber and Faith are friends again, but everyone knows they’re not as close they used to be. And it’s not like they act oblivious to it, in fact Amber says she’s fine with it because it’s also true that too much company can be bad. It’s helped her go out there and make more friends, meet new people and over the course she’s actually gotten close the boys too. So that’s good I guess.

           Faith and Liam have finally gotten over that phase in their relationship where they were struggling to get to the point of complete comfort, which was topped off with the whole Amber case. They’ve dated for so long now, almost five years, and the relationship has progressed in front of our eyes. In these five months, they’ve reached to that point where they don’t bother trying too hard, for example if one has a bad hair day the other wouldn’t even notice. They’ve fit in with each other completely. Relationship goals right there.

         “Niall,” Amber called over, and I turned around to look right towards her direction making my way towards her. She was chatting up with Mum whilst playing with Theo, and it made me feel all happy and giddy. I was just so relieved when Amber fit in properly with my family when she met them three months ago, and that’s probably because she had gotten so much of her memory back. She get’s those visions even yet, but now she’s learnt to live with it and the doctors have said it won’t be long before all her memory will be restored.

      “Yeah?” I smile, sitting down next to her, watching as Theo jumps off her lap, and run towards Harry where he’s serving everyone barbecue.