[xxiv] a little while

[xxiv]
                 [niall] [July 25, 2014]

                 “Amnesia?”

               The tension in the air was so thick, almost being able to cut with a knife and even the drop of a pin would break it. Because well, after the visit to the doctors and Mr. Thompson, I decided enough is enough. I really didn't care about what the repercussions would be and didn't really take a second thought at my impulse decision― because sometimes you need to stop thinking practically. Amber and I went back to my flat and she'd been asking questions all along about why I was so unusually quiet, but I shrugged it off with minuscule excuses. And I also had to call Faith and the boys over because this couldn't be done without them. Now all I need is Amber's view on the whole thing.

              “I have amnesia?” Her face was twisted up to an uncertain expression. “What sort of stupidity is this? Why did I not know I have amnesia?” Her multiple questions were like some sort of rapid fire game to all of us, because coming up with one, proper specific answer was not easy and it couldn't be done in a reflex. Her hands flew to her forehead as she placed the reports on the coffee table, sitting down next to it. The rest just watched.

                 “Amber,” I was skeptical about two things― one, if she'd even let me near her because I had this vague fear that she hated me for the moment, and two, how I was supposed to comfort her because I was confused as hell myself. But I attempted to do it. Fortunately, she didn't move away or anything when I took a seat beside her. “Look, I know you're scared and can't think right now. We're all that way, but we're still there for you, you should know that.”

                “If you were there for me, you would have told me before,” She mumbled into her hands, then slowly peeking out. “Maybe I can understand Niall, he probably found it extremely tough to do so with all the nonsense going on―” Her voice cracked. I absolutely hated when she cried but at least I wasn't the only one who thought the whole mess was a nonsense. “But Faith?” She faced the distraught looking girl on the sofa and this was probably the first time she was attempting to make a conversation with her in days.

                  “I'm so sorry,” A heavy sigh escaped Faith's lips, and she made her way towards Amber as well. The three of us were now sitting on the floor, and I could see Faith was trying to collect her thoughts together and form some proper sentences. “I'm sorry for everything basically, but mainly about your amnesia― no one knew, Amber, I didn't either.”

                  “That's bullshit,” Amber snarled.

                “She's not lying,” I said. “Once you calm down, we'll all tell you everything. From the start. You need to be in that state to listen though, Amber, and right now you're not.” All the while I ran a comforting hand on her back in hopes to make her feel better to some extent.

                “I am, just tell me, please,” She pleaded. “I really don't need anymore secrets in my life.” Faith shot me in an unsure look, but I decided to get at it because maybe just letting it all out would be the best option right now. But when I couldn't get a single word out of my mouth mainly because I didn't know how to start, Liam took the responsibility.