[xxiii] amnesia

[xxiii]
                             [niall]
[July 23, 2014]

             “Four years man, can’t believe it’s been four years,” Zayn gushed while helping Liam with the barbecue. There were people everywhere even though there weren’t really a lot of people invited― the only ones being all the tour crew; because Liam’s flat is actually quite normal sized. He didn’t use any perks to get the awesome penthouse or something like that because he thinks it would be useless. So basically since it started taking a toll on me― with me feeling all suffocated and all, I just decided it was the best to get out here in the balcony for some fresh air and time with just the boys.

               “It feels like ages and I just feel so old!” Louis laughed, getting another can of beer from the ice box. This might me new for me, but oddly I wasn’t in a drinking mood today. Usually when it’s parties and all that, I get a small drink for sure but until now all that’s down in my intestine is a little bit of cola. But I guess it’s good, I don’t want to go overboard and maybe get drunk that I don’t remember this night. It’s quite eventful.

                 “Here we’re partying about being together for four years and people out there are believing stupid break-up rumors,” Harry laughed, as he watched the barbecue while leaning against the balcony railing. “I kid you not― I don’t know about you guys but I seriously want to do this for an eternity.” A dreamy look was on his face.

                  “Yeah,” I chuckled. “As much as of a fan I myself am of us, you know that can’t happen. Not saying splitsville is near or anything― I can definitely see us all still touring like ten or eleven years later but at some point we’ll all be too tired or old, or it might fizz out and people will get bored… you never know.” I sighed, because even thinking about these things made tingles of anxiety shiver down my spine― let alone talk about it.

                   “Niall’s right,” Liam spoke up for the first time, joining the conversation. “But you know what, even when we quit this I know we’re still going to be close. It won’t be like some bands or just any group of friends who fizz out by time. Excuse my cheesy line― but we’re all destined to be.”

                     “Yeah man,” I grinned. “Despite all this though, it’s quite a laughing riot to see all these rumors flying around. It’s hilarious.” The five of us burst out laughing because it quite literally is. The media creating new stuff everyday possibly to spice up their own lives or something and then predicting their foresights on that too― while we sit back laughing knowing what the truth actually is.

                       “Anyway Niall,” Zayn walked around the table placing a plate full of chicken. “Congrats by the way, about you and Amber.” He smiled.

                        “Do you realize how big of an achievement it actually is?!” Harry exclaimed, sitting upright from his relaxed position. “You thought it was impossible to do in two months but you did it! Cheers, man!”