[xvi] comfort

[xvi]
            [amber] [June 24, 2014]

     I know that I probably over-reacted when I lashed out on Faith earlier, but it just tends to happen. It’s this thing or part of mine that I can’t control. My grandfather always said I was a social person, but then my awkwardness gets in the middle too. So whenever I have someone new to interact with, I don’t miss any chance. I go so overboard, people often get irritated. I later realize that I ignored the ones I already have and guilt overtake me.

      I do apologise too, yes. I would to Faith as well but not now. Because the only thing that has caused since I found my locket in the pocket of her jeans I borrowed from her for tonight’s concert is anger. I seriously got a mini heart attack when I realized I had lost my locket yesterday, and I thought I probably forgot it in the suite. But I sincerely grew worried when I didn’t find it there.

      But then when I found it in this jeans, it meant only one thing. That Faith found it yesterday and didn’t tell me, because she was wearing these jeans yesterday. I know she’s the forgetful kind, but I’ve told her before that the locket means a lot to me and yet she managed to forget. So I didn’t hesitate to confront her when she walked out of the bedroom in the suite, with a questioning look on her face probably seeing my pissed off self.

      “Why am I finding this in your jeans?” I raised my hand, flashing the locket while narrowing my eyes in her direction. She blinked a couple of times, before her face twisted up in realization.

      “Oh, that!” She slapped her forehead. “I found that yesterday outside Niall and Liam’s suite, and I wasn’t sure it was yours’, so opened it up. There was a picture of your grandfather in there so I put in my jeans and I’m sorry, I completely forgot-” My eyes kept widening at every word she said.

      “You opened it?!” I exclaimed, staring at her in disbelief. I think she should have known that it’s purely confidential since I never showed any part of it to her except for the chain. “I thought you knew not to!” I groaned.

      “Well how was I supposed to know if it was yours’, then?” She snapped, throwing her hands up in the air. “You should really stop being that annoying you know, I haven’t even done anything and you’re being mean to me since yesterday.”

       “Really?” I gaped at her, in disbelief. “Then you should really stop being that forgetful. It makes everything damn difficult for people,” I snarled. And this is what I mean when I say I don’t understand when I get into the moment, because of the way her expression turned to that of hurt. I pursed my lips, more guilt soaking into me as a deep silence spread around. As much as I know she’d burst into tears, I was on the verge of crying myself as well because we never really fought this way before. I have two proper reasons as to why I’m being such a bitch, but before that I decided to apologise. “I’m sorr-”

     “You know what?” She sighed, returning back towards the bedroom door. “Just fucking drop it,” I flinched at the sound of the loud slam of the door, and sighed at the realization that I was just kicked out of the room. After about ten seconds of standing there still, thinking she’d come back, I let out a groan and exited the suite.