[xxi] cloud nine

[xxi]

             [amber] [July 18, 2014]

        In a tragic time like this when I was unusually being such a girl and feeling the utter need of a best friend― I decided to be of my own use. After around an hour of nap, which by the way wasn’t anywhere near enough for such a bad jet leg, I decided to get ready. Known for my lazy style of dressing, I didn’t want to trust my eyes so I decided to rely on my luck and closed my eyes and pulled out one piece of clothing from both my shelves. Now it could be two shirts, or two dresses― I didn’t know.

          But I was super relieved when luck seemed to shine on since what I― or my hand picked out was very casual and I was happy I was capable of getting myself ready on a first date after quite a while without any help at all.

          I didn’t care enough to do anything magical to my hair even though my brain was nagging me in the background― This is a date with Niall! Look your best! I just knew he wouldn’t care if I looked like I woke up from a thousand years of sleep but of course I wasn’t going to that extent. I was doing my best to look presentable and so far I had done good. So after I was done pulling on my dress and stockings, and whatever else was left, all I did was wait because there was still a whopping thirty minutes left and I realized I could have easily gotten an extra half an hour of sleep.

           After five minutes of just sitting, the silence was too loud so I decided to catch on some television. After all it had been more than a month since I had got proper time to watch anything and after a lot of drama that happened lately, I think I deserve something for my mental relief.

          Then I got so into watching Tom and Jerry― yes the classic, and laughing so hard that I lost track of time and it was only when there was the biggest and loudest knock on the door that I snapped out and tripped over off from the sofa.

          “Ow,” With my heart beating fast because of the sudden interruption and hoping I didn’t mess up my hair or anything, I slowly peeked up from beside the sofa. You never know, it could be a murderer or something.

           But I mentally slapped myself when I saw blond hair peeking inside the house from the other side of the window― I did not just forget about my date with Niall! I saw Niall’s face red from laughter and I don’t think anything is more embarrassing that your date watching you fall of from the sofa. I rushed to the door in mere seconds and flashed the door open, making Niall’s laugh sound clear.

          “Don’t even start,” I pulled up a hand, a smile forming at my face. “Let me go get my bag.”

          Niall was still lightly laughing when I was done grabbing my bag, locking the main door and had stepped down on the footpath. So I stared at him with my best poker face I could do, waiting for him to calm down from his crazy laughing riot. Though I was kind of happy I could do something to make him laugh so much― even though it wasn’t exactly a joke.