Chapter 15

Oreius immediately cantered off, and was quickly followed by the messenger. Arius offered Lucy a hand. she tightly gripped his arm and nodded. Arius then lifted her off the ground and swung he onto his back. "Bring him." Arius gestured to Severus Snape before he shot into the woods.

Now, a centaur is not a beast of burden. No saddle or supply bag is to be placed onto a centaurs' back. Centaurs, if ever ridden, are ridden bare back. It is a great honor to be offered such a thing and such an invitation is rarely, extended. Only someone exceedingly loved and respected would it be given or in times of great need.

No centaur would give a stranger such an honor. For these reasons, one of the centaurs simply picked up the gloomy wizard and galloped off.

___________________________________________________________________________

The centaur slowed to a halt and released his hold on the dark clothed man, letting the potion's professor fall to the hard, cold, dirty ground

The cheerless wizard pulled himself off the forest floor and brushed off his robes. They might as well be burned in Severus' opinion. Crushed leaves bits, pine needles, and grass pieces were stuck to it and dirt was smeared all over it. To distract himself from his ruined clothes Severus observed his surroundings. There were many tents along with make shift houses. Various male and female centaurs went about what seemed to be their day to day activities.

Young centaurs pranced around, a few were even having a mock sword fight with wooden sticks. Centaurs were not the only creatures. Some goat like beings that walked on two legs and had fur all over their bodies (Satyrs) among other species were moving about. The, creatures, would often glance at him from the corner of their eyes, Severus noticed, a few even flat out stared at him.

Oreius, one of the only intelligent beings that Severus knew the name of, was pacing before a forest green tent. He had not been allowed in it seemed.

Lucy then emerged from the very tent Oreius was pacing before and beckoned the anxious, now new father in. Lucy then went to stand besides Severus and simply inquired, "Shall we go?"