Chapter 16

Sunday Morning

Edmund returned to the room that he and his elder brother shared. Sunlight illuminated the room once Ed pulled aside the curtains and that is what brought his attention to an envelope addressed to him and Peter at the window.

Deciding against waiting for his brother, Ed ripped open the envelope and read the enclosed letter.

Edmund rushed out the door and down the halls, asking all those he knew if they had seen wayward brother. One of the students in the hallway when asked, directed him to the library. Ed dashed to the library, burst inside, and panted for a few seconds.

The librarian, familiar with Ed's habits from his regular visits knew that Ed wouldn't be anything but quiet in the library. Panting from previously running, loudly, and entering so quickly and as such, loudly, was highly usual for the boy so it had to be a special matter, one that likely involved his brother, Peter.

Wordlessly the librarian pointed in a direction. Edmund nodded in appreciation and briskly headed in the pointed direction.

Ed soon found Peter, "Come with me."

He led his brother outside and only came to a halt when they were a fair distance from the school and in the shade of a large tree.

"A letter, from Lucy." Ed held out the letter. Peter took it from his and quickly began to read it out loud.

Dear Magnificent and Just,

the most extraordinary thing happened! It was fantastic! My father arranged for him and myself to meet with the centaurs that reside in the Forbidden Forest. This was likely, or at least partially due to my search through the Forbidden Forest in my first year................................................

(I'm just lazy.)

........Helena is here as well. In fact, the very day we met with Oreius, their baby was born! However, it wasn't just a baby, she had twins! Can you believe it? Twins are incredibly rare thing for centaurs. A boy and a girl! Gabriel and Aldora! Oh it was wonderful.....

                                                                                                                                                The Valiant Queen