Chapter 21

Sunday

Lucy was visiting Oreius, Helena, Arius, and the baby twins, Gabriel and Aldora, when she sensed something was off with Arius. As such, when she started her journey to return to the castle, she invited Arius to accompany her for a bit.

Once they were some distance from the Centaur and other Narnian settlement Lucy finally spoke. "What's wrong?"

"What do you mean, Your-" Lucy rose an eyebrow. "Lucy," Arius corrected himself, "What do you mean, Lucy?"

Lucy had been trying to break Arius of his habit of calling her by titles and such for a while now. Her name was Lucy. She only used her titles when she wanted to make a point, when she wished to seem intimidating, or very impressive, or during formal occasions.

"You know exactly what I mean Arius. Now, what's wrong?" Lucy repeated her question.

Arius sighed. "Ever since I learned that Helena was pregnant, I've been nervous, and now that the twins have been born..." he trailed off.

"I remember when Oreius found you." Lucy began, only to be interrupted by Arius, "You were jealous that we were both 13, but I was still taller then you." he joked.

Lucy smiled and shook her head no, "You were sick, so very sick. My cordial was missing, so I couldn't heal you. We were worried that you wouldn't make it. Helena and Oreius stayed up all day and night, making sure you were warm and had water, acting in as your personal caretakers.

"They didn't get more than a few minutes of accidental sleep for a week! Their efforts were rewarded though, because you made a full recovery. Oreius and Helena love you, as their own son, it doesn't matter whether you are blood related or not. You are their son, and they love you.

"Gabriel and Aldora will love you as their older brother. You are their older brother, blood related or not, you are family." Lucy firmly declared, in a way that meant there was no room for argument.

"Thank you, Lucy." Arius thanked. Lucy smiled and nodded. "Any time."