Chapter 22

The video is not required for understanding.

Beginning of December

Lucy groggily blinked away her tiredness as she woke up. It was dark, but she could vaguely make out the shapes of tables, chairs, and shelves.

The Valiant girl's sleepiness abandoned her when she realized, she was in the library, after curfew. Oh, she was going to get in so much trouble.... unless she got back to the Gryffindor dorms without getting caught.

Lucy gathered her things, slipped them into her shoulder bag, and exited the library with her wand illuminating an extremely dim light. Lucy noticed a bright light coming from just around the corner, immediately she extinguished her wand and pressed herself into the wall.

"Lucy?" A voice whispered.

"Harry?" Lucy wondered. What was he doing out of bed at this hour?

"What are you doing here?" They both asked at the same time.

Instead of answering, Harry just phrased another question. "What's with your na-" But Lucy, noticing what map he held cut him off. "I'll explain later, but look!" Lucy pointed to the approaching footsteps of Severus Snape.

"Mischief Managed."

"Potter, and Lucy...Pevensie, what are you two doing, wandering the corridors at night?" Severus Snape questioned.

"I fell asleep in the library and was returning to my dorm when I ran into Harry." Lucy explained.

"I was sleeping walking." Harry's excuse wasn't convincing.

"In that case, I suggest you continue to your dormitory, Miss Pevensie." Severus instructed. "Not you, Mr. Potter." he added.

Lucy shrugged before heading for her room. Harry wasn't in any real danger. The most her father would do to Harry would be giving him a lecture, dock house points, or give him detention.

________________________________________________

Next Day

Lucy walked toward the alcove that she and Harry had agreed to meet in. Lucy remembered when Fred and George told her about the map. The twin pranksters at first thought that the Marauder's map was broke, but towards the end of Lucy's first year, they had confronted her about it.

The mischievous red heads explained what the map did, before pointing to her name, which read, 'Lucy Snape'. Lucy admitted that Severus Snape, the infamous Slytherin potions master, was in fact, her father.

Lucy swore them to secrecy, in exchange Lucy promised to not rat them out about the map. Now it seemed that the two tricksters had gifted Harry with the Marauder's map, who, just as the identical Weasleys before him, noticed the oddity of her family name being what it was.

Harry was already there when Lucy reached the alcove. "How did you know about the Marauder's map?" Harry immediately questioned. 

"How did you get the map?" Lucy returned, she actually had a good guess of how the map came into Harry's possession, however, she didn't like feeling like she was being interrogated. When Harry didn't answer, she did.

"Fred and George showed me the Marauder's map. I presume they gave you the map?" 

Harry nodded in surprise. "Why'd they show you the map, and why does the map show your surname as Snape?"

"To ask me about my name, just like you did just now. May I?" Lucy pointed to the blank parchment, Harry obliged and handed Lucy the parchment. "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good." The blank parchment suddenly was no longer blank. Lucy unfolded the now covered with ink map and located Harry and herself on it.

Lucy pointed to herself. "My real name is Lucy Snape, not Lucy Pevensie. Severus Snape is my father." Harry's jaw dropped in shock. "Wait what? Why do you go by Pevensie then?"

"I go by Pevensie because my relation to my father, is a secret. You can not tell anyone. I'll obliviate you if I have to." Lucy warned. 

"I won't tell anyone, I promise." Harry vowed.

The action should start in the next chapter!