1. First Day

Blossom's POV

"Biiiiiiiiiiiiitch!" I hear someone scream behind me as I stand in front of the school entrance which I have oddly missed. Well, okay, might not be that odd. I'm a nerd, I can't change it. School is kind of like my only escape.

I turn around and the next thing I know, two arms are tightly wrapped around me. At first I can't process things, but then I realize it's my best friend Emma who is hugging me.

"Emma!" I hug her back once I recover from my initial shock.

"I've missed you bestfriend!" Then she steps back and lets out a dramatic sigh. "It's been too long..."

"It's been, what," I check my watch. "11 hours?"

"11 hours without you is a torture my friend. How could you? How could you leave me to die all by myself..." Emma places the back of her hand on her forehead and sighs again.

Drama queen.

I laugh, shaking my head. Then – knowing that we have to get going – I tug at her arm. "Let's go, we can't be late on the first day." I tell her.

She laughs along and starts walking, our arms linked.

The heavy air hits our faces as we enter the school. First thing I do is to look around. It feels as if everything has changed, when in reality we just upgraded from junior to senior year. The students all around me are chatting happily, everyone is looking tan and some people are even unrecognizable with their hair in different shapes or colors. Some lost weight and some gained. It's fascinating how a single summer can change a person this much.

Emma and I walk to our lockers without wasting anymore time. We are heading the same way since our lockers are next to each other, and I can't help but feel a pair of eyes following me. It's like they are burning a hole in my head and I'm not enjoying it. But I try to brush it off and not ruin my first day of senior year with my paranoia.

"So, can you see what I see?" Emma's voice interrupts my thoughts. I give her a confused look.

"No, what is it?" I ask, looking around.

"You, my friend, are blind. Can't you see all the yummy stuff in here?"

Oh God, she is hallucinating again isn't she? She tends to do that when she is hungry. Once she tried to eat my deodrant stick, thinking it was a vanilla ice cream.

"Em," I begin, putting one of my hands on her shoulder. "I think you're confused. There's no food in here."

"Ugh Blossom no, I mean all the hot boys!" She then grabs my shoulders and turns me around so I'm facing the school hall. I'm not the one to lie, there are a bunch of hot guys in here. But my eyes catch only one of them. One that is looking at me intensely.

Romeo West.

He is the real Romeo, let me tell you. There isn't a single girl that hasn't been lured into his charms. Except a few of us. We are the ones who could escape.

"Oooh... I see you're his new prey." Emma speaks from behind me, I can feel her smirking.

"Nope. Never going to happen." I say, turning around to face her again.