17. Four Years

Blossom's POV
Not edited - Not proofread

Yesterday after studying at Emma's place, I came to the house to a zero amount of Brandons. I still don't know where he went - probably a party or a dark alley where you sell drugs or something - but I was thankful nevertheless.

I can't think of the consequences of him being home yesterday night, or about the things he could do if he saw me.

Now I'm in school again, it's almost lunchtime, and I still haven't seen Brandon. I usually see him walking in the school halls with his friends, laughing and having fun - he doesn't see me though, I hide well. But today he isn't anywhere. I know he came to school for sure, he probably skipped it once he came here.

Never mind him, I need to hand in mine and Josh's project today. It's the due date, so it has to be my priority, not my psychotic step brother.

I walk to the teacher's office with fast steps, wanting to get rid of this task as soon as possible. Things with due dates give me anxiety, I can't have it be late. I care about my grades, ok? The higher my grades are, the better the university I get in is. And a good university means a good job with a great amount of money, which can help me get away from Brandon as soon as possible.

I'm turning 18 in a short amount of time, which also means that I will no longer be under the supervision of my foster parents. I would be happy about that, happy that I can finally escape my brother, but I can't. I don't have the money to rent an apartment yet. That's why I'm thinking of working this summer, but I haven't really made solid plans yet.

I knock on the office door softly and then open it, sticking my head out to see my teacher sitting on her desk, doing some work on her laptop.

"Hey, um, I'm here to give my project," I say with a small voice.

She notices me when she hears me. "Oh, okay Ms. Wills, put it here please." She shows me the table, and I obey her instructions.

Once I have the project on her desk, I tell her goodbye and get out of the office with a huge weight lifted off of my body.

I sigh when I'm out, and start walking to the lunchroom to find my friends.

The corridors are not so crowded since it's lunchtime and everybody's eating, or having sex in the janitor's closet. Yeah, people still do that for some reason. There are almost no people around, it's not so enjoyable.

It's awfully silent where I'm walking, and I don't like it a single bit. I don't like places where I can't see a single soul around. It creeps me out.

You're in a school building Blossom, get a grip and tame down your fricking paranoia.

I take my phone out of my back pocket that I found under my bed yesterday, and dial Emma, hoping for her cheery voice to comfort me while I walk to the cafeteria. My stomach growls angrily, demanding for some food. So I start to walk faster while holding the phone to my ear.

On the second ring, the phone is snatched away from my hand and soon is on the ground, in pieces to be exact.

Panic floods through my body, and I start looking around to see who did that. There's no one around, which causes my heart to beat frantically. My head gets a little dizzy due to all the hardcore inhaling I'm doing, and then an arm wraps itself around my neck, yanking me back with so much force.