19. NJSP

Blossom's POV
Not edited - Not proofread

It's been a long weekend for me. Not so eventful, but still contained a lot of hardcore thinking.

It was hard for me to sink in all the things that happened. The events were too much for me, and I needed some time to just sit silently and think to myself.

I didn't go out, or call any of my friends. They called me a few times, even threatened me with breaking into my house and dragging me out but I told them that I needed this. I needed to be alone for a while.

It's now Monday after school, and there is still no one at home besides me. My parents are on a vacation that their jobs required since last Friday. And last Friday was the day Romeo confessed his feelings for me, also the day I acted like a total dumb shît by just leaving him like that.

The guilt has taken over my body, has surrounded my every cell, and I don't like it a single bit. I want to run into his arms, I want to apologize over and over again then tell him that I like him too. My feelings for him are growing every second along with my regret, and it's making it it too challenging to avoid him.

Yes, I've actually been avoiding him. I know it's so cruel of me, and there's not a single moment of my day that I don't scold myself for making him sad. I don't want him to be sad, but I don't want him to be hurt too.

I can't think of the things Brandon will do once he is no more missing. I haven't seen him since the day he got beat up by Romeo, and it scares me a lot. I'm sure that he didn't go on a vacation with my parents, so I have no idea where he is.

He is angry though, I know it. And he will come back, worse than ever.

A loud horn pulls me out of my thoughts, and I see a huge truck coming my way. I can't comprehend what's going on for a minute, then my eyes widen.

Thankfully the truck stops just when it's about to hit me, and possibly kill me. I murmur an apology and start walking home a little faster than I usually do with my head held down.

I've been too deep in thought.

I'm embarrassed that I could be so stupid and careless, and then I unwillingly start to think about the possibilities. I create alternate stories in my head - I have no idea why - and I imagine the truck actually hitting me.

The first thing that pops up in my head is Romeo's charming face, and I once again realize that I really don't want to die. I don't want to not see him ever again. At least not without letting him know that I like him, and making sure he forgives me.

But when I unlock the door and enter the house, I know that I will never get a chance to do that.

Brandon is back.

And he doesn't look okay.

Seeing him standing right before me with a psychotic, sadistic smirk on his face makes me start shaking - not so unusually. His face is scarier than ever, and the gross smell of alcohol has already filled the room. Then I see smoke coming out of somewhere, and when I turn my head I see a cigarette burning, and a plethora of other used cigarettes sitting on the table.

Beer bottles are everywhere in the living room, some are in pieces and on the ground. One is in Brandon's hand, and he seems to have already finished half of it.