29. Forgiveness

Blossom's POV

Not edited - Not proofread

"Turns out she was thinking I had been dead for all these years." I tell Romeo as we sit at the lunch table together, waiting for everyone.

I get people's stares from time to time, which I am kind of - kind of being the key word here - getting used to. People are starting to be less interested in my life day by day, or they are just too scared of making Romeo snap again.

"That's so cruel of your grandmother."

I've been telling everything that happened with dad and Grace to Romeo since we were seated. We are waiting for the guys to show up, so we took the opportunity to have this time to ourselves. I didn't cry while talking - which is good - and I found myself speaking about Grace as if I knew she was my sister all this time.

"I don't even want to call her my grandmother." She doesn't deserve to get to feel how it's like to have grandchildren. Her merciless ways of handling things are not acceptable... She had no right to play with our lives like this - writing her own scenario of the events and manipulating it to people so we could live by her rules. She had no right.

"It's okay... She doesn't deserve it anyway-"

"Hey guys!" Alyssa's cheerful voice makes me jerk my head up and look at her.

She has a big smile on her face, and all the others are behind her with the same smiles stretched on their lips. I grin back, and chuckle a little.

"Hey," I greet back as they all sit at the table with us. Grace sends me a warm look which I return.

Yesterday she and I talked about whether or not we should tell people that we are sisters, and decided on doing it since it isn't something so small that we can hide forever. We even acted out the whole scene where we reveal everything - and bursted out laughing while doing so.

"Soooo, are you guys giving the good news or should I?" Alyssa asks, causing me to throw a questioning look at Grace's way. She nods her head and mouths 'I told her' so I nod back and keep my small smile on.

"I think we should give it." I say.

"What news? What's happenning?" Tyler questions with his arm around Emma's shoulders, making me chuckle.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Emma asks and Jason just stares at us expectantly.

I take a deep breath. "Grace and I are sisters." I spit it out before I can change my mind.

Silence fills the launch table, no one uttering a single word or making any facial expression. A minute passes like that, and I start to get nervous. What if they think something bad of it? I don't know how - but what if?

Another minute of silence.

And another one.

"PUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH," A loud laughing sound interrupts everyone's staring contest and we all turn to Jason, who is laughing his asś off at the moment. He points to Grace then I, and repeats it a few times. "You guys - sisters - great joke." He stops a laughing a few seconds later and sighs, trying to control is breath.

Alyssa reaches him and smacks his head. "It's true dumbass." Jason's smile disappears in a second then, and his eyes widen.

"What the fûck?"

"Yeah, what the fûck?" Emma repeats his words. "You guys don't look like each other at all." She says, examining us. "Oh wait - you actually do. Holy shît."

"How?" Tyler asks and I turn to him.

"I was adopted - you already know that. My father found me, and turns out she is my sister." I explain.