23. Beautiful

Blossom's POV
Not edited - Not proofread

As the last period rolls up, Emma comes and sits next to me. The teacher hasn't came yet so we have ourselves some time to chat.

"How are you holding up Bloss?" She asks compassionately with a sympathetic look on her face.

"I'm doing good, Em. Romeo's been helping me a lot. Coming to school today distracts me enough too." As I speak, I can tell she is not paying attention to what I'm saying. She's thinking of something else as tears start to form at the corner of her blue eyes.

"Em, are you okay?" I worry.

She hugs me all so suddenly. As soon as I recover from my small initial shock, I put my arms around her and squeeze her.

"Bloss, I'm so, so sorry..." She cries as she pulls away. "I should have figured it out and helped you. All of your bruises - God I'm so stupid..." She shakes her head. A few tears drop from her eyes.

I immediately hug her again and pat her back gently. "You couldn't have known Emma, it's okay. Don't go so hard on yourself." I softly say, trying to make her feel better.

She detaches herself from me minutes later with dried tears on her cheeks. "I love you so much, best friend."

I smile brightly at her. "I love you too." With that I release a tear of my own, but soon wipe it off as we both chuckle at our messed up situation.

"Oh, by the way," Emma starts to talk moments later when we are back to our cheery selves. "Did you talk to Romeo about everything? I mean not only about Bran - ugh I don't want to even say his name - well, about your mother and father?"

I spoke to Emma this morning about everything as I did with Romeo yesterday. Emma already knew my adoption story and all that, I just told her about Brandon. So she knows, and I think the only people who'll get to know about everything with it's details will be Romeo and her.

"Yes, I told him everything." Just as the words leave my mouth, the teacher steps into the class.

"We'll talk later, okay?" I say and Emma nods her head with a smile on her face.

***

I stroll into the dining room shyly. I still haven't gotten used to living with the West family, even though they have been nothing but super nice to me. I just feel like I'm a responsibility they feel like they need to take care of. Maybe even a charity case.

Isabella treats me like her own daughter, as well as Adrian. Ariel and I developed a great relationship, and I love them all so dearly. I owe them so many things, and I have no idea how to pay it back.

"Isabella, Adrian, I want to talk to to you about something if that's okay." I hesitantly say.

Romeo is not present in the dining table since he stayed after school for soccer practice. Ariel is out with her friends, so it's only me, Adrian and Isabella eating.

"Of course, dear." Isabella smiles.

"I, um, I think I will be moving out." I spit it out without giving myself a chance to overthink things. "I mean, I've been nothing but a burden in here. You guys are too nice to make me feel like a burden, but I know I am. I don't want to trouble you anymore. You already have a lot to take care of. I can somehow find myself a place-"