9. Crisis

Blossom's POV
Not edited - Not proofread

"Blossie you still have a chance to back out and not do this project with him you know that right?" Romeo gives it a once last shot as I stare at him blankly.

"Thanks for the ride Rom." I smile and get out of the car, waving at him after closing the door. I see him huff but he waves back nevertheless.

He really hates the idea of me going to Josh's house. The reason why he hates him is probably because he thinks that he'll use me somehow. Rom's just being a little protective because of a reason I don't know of.

I won't let Josh use me like that though...

I slowly step onto the porch and knock on the door a bit hesitantly. I wait for a few seconds until the house door is fully opened and a beaming Josh is standing right in front of me.

"Hey Bloss!" He greets happily.

"Hey Josh." I smile. "I prefer Blossom by the way." I can't help but be a little bîtchy. I really don't enjoy him calling me nicknames. Just like I don't enjoy Romeo doing it.

Oh who am I kidding? I love it when Romeo calls me Blossie...

"Alright then..." He lets me in and I just step inside, looking around to see what's where. "Do you want something to drink? I can make some coffee?" He offers.

"Coffee would be nice. Where are we working?" I ask.

"My room is very comfortable." Come on... My face must have mirrored my thoughts that a look of panic spreads across his face and he quickly changes his mind. "But we can always work in the living room..." Good save, boy... Good save.

"I prefer the living room." I give him a small smile.

He just uneasily smiles back and shows me into the living room, telling me to make myself home while he prepares the coffee.

I sit on the couch, my body a little tense as I wait for him. I'm not so comfortable in his house, but I have to remember that this is only for a project, and that he won't try anything on me.

He is not Brandon. He is not Brand-

"I'm back." Josh appears with two cups of coffee in his hands. He puts them on the small table besides the couch and walks out of the room before coming back with his Macbook and some books.

"Let's start."

***

After half an hour later, I realise that Josh has scooped closer to me, and I haven't noticed until now.

He is almost on my lap by now. That's a little exaggeration but yeah, he is just sitting too close to me for my liking.

I try to ignore it and continue researching on the laptop. Though after a while, the knowlege and the feeling of having him this close to
me becomes unbearable so I excuse myself to the bathroom.

As soon as I enter, I splash some water on my face. I don't know why I'm so affected by this. By affected I don't mean aroused, I'm disgusted. It gives me anxiety to have guys close to me. I can't really understand why, or I'm just avoiding the fact that Brandon has gotten to my head so badly that I can't have this interaction with the opposite sex. It makes me highly uncomfortable.

Except Romeo though...

There's something about him that screams for me to go to him. There's some type of rope wrapped around both of us and is somehow getting shorter by second, pulling us towards each other. It's frustrating - the way I think of him - I don't know how to handle it.