22. Trust

Blossom's POV
Not edited - Not proofread

"Mmmm... This was definitely heaven." I moan as I finish eating the absolutely delicious cotton candy Romeo bought for me and throw the stick into a trash can.

"Blossie I suggest you don't make those kinds of sounds around me." Romeo sends me a warning glare, and I realise that his eyes have darkened somehow.

Not quite understanding what sound he's referring to, I tilt my head to the side. Romeo looks at me with disbelief once he sees my confused expression.

"God, you're too innocent for your own good." He pinches his nose as he always does. "Come, let's go on another ride." He then places his hand on my back and leads me to a huge, scary but fun looking rollercoaster.

We have been in this huge amusement park for more than an hour, and I seem to have forgotten  all about the negative side of my life. I've focused on the moment, on the now. Romeo has done a pretty great job at putting a smile on my face, and screaming while going on some of the rides has really helped to get this intense weight off of my heart.

Smiling to myself, I get onto the ride with Romeo next to me once it's our turn. The rollercoaster we are currently sitting in has a long road ahead of it, and as I've seen from afar, it goes really high. It's not much o a problem for Romeo, judging by the huge smile plastered on his face, but I'm freaking the fûck out.

Seeing my pale face, Romeo chuckles. "Are you scared, Blossie?" He teases and I glare at him.

"No..." I lie, knowing that it's obvious that I'm not telling the truth.

A smug smirk covers his plump lips. "You can hold my hand if you're scared." He wiggles his eyebrows.

I know he is still teasing me, but I hold his hand anyway. You can't blame me, he brings me immense comfort and I'm not really on good terms with heights.

He stares at me, looking slightly surprised. Though he covers it quickly, and his smirk comes back. He squeezes my hand with his fingers that are laced through mine. It makes me feel so much better.

I try to ignore the jolts of electricity being shot from my hand and through my entire body. I sit quietly with the blush still lingering on my cheeks and wait for the ride to start.

Soon - as expected - we start to move. At first we go slow, like we do in most of the rides. But then once we reach the top, there's no force left that can stop us from speeding down, while screaming our heads off and laughing like crazy.

***

I'm feeling  a little dizzy once we are out of the rollercoaster and now heading to the car. The entire amusement park was an amazing experience for me, and also a first one. My parents never brought me to an amusement park before, I didn't know why until yesterday.

Finding out about my parents' hatred towards me is awfully crashing. Thinking that I honestly had a genuine relationship with them all this time is, I don't know, stupid of me? Maybe I was too naive to see that all their affection was fake. But no, I'm sure, their niceness was never fake.

They just loved Brandon more than me, which is acceptable and understandable.

Brandon is their real son,  I'm just the adopted child they decided fill in their desires of a daughter with since my mother wasn't able to give birth anymore after Brandon. They of course will have a stronger bond with him than what they have with me.

The most they could have ever felt for me would be pity. God, I hate being pitied.

Here is the thing, even though we didn't have a real connection with them, I still called them my parents. I meant it. I never thought earning their hate would be this easy, and this unreasonable. I know I didn't do anything bad to Brandon purposefully, they just see it like that because he is their real son. I bet they probably think that I was jealous of him, hated him or something.