11. The Date

Blossom's POV
Not edited - Not proofread

"I-I'm sorry, what?" I think I heard him wrong, honestly. Perhaps he just said that he likes Jell-os or, uh, jingling, jungles, jumping, or... Jason? Josh? I mean, I'm almost 99.9% sure that I didn't just hear him say he was jealous.

I mean, I don't really understand his point to be honest. I have agreed to go on a date with Josh because he simply asked me, and I think I have experience such things in high school. I deserve the feeling of having a normal life, doing normal things that girls do.

"Don't make me say it again Blossie..." He whines, making me frown in confusion. He could've just done the same now, no? He only wants to sleep with me, so why is he jealous?

"Say what again? That you're into jujutsu?" I ask.

He chuckles. "No Blossie, I was jealous." He repeats himself, his voice lowering with each word that I almost missed the last thing he said, but unfortunately didn't.

"Why?" I ask genuinely.

"Because I don't want you to go out with Star..." He answers my question, making me much more confused than I already am.

Why does he even care?

"It's just a date though... There's nothing you have to be jealous about." Am I too oblivious to something going on in here? Because I feel like I am.

"Blossie just listen to me and don't go on a date with him, okay?" He says symphatethically, trying to get me to be convinced by talking softly.

"You don't get to decide for me." I sternly say, not knowing where the confidence came from. I guess it'ts the comfort he gives me when it comes to expressing myself freely. It's rather odd.

"Look, please, just do what I say."

I start to get a little angry as I sit up straighter, still on my bed. "No, Romeo." I speak slowly and clearly. "I will go on this date."

"God, Blossie why are you so damn stubborn? Just don't fûcking go on a date with somebody else!" He suddenly gets very pissed.

"Somebody else?" I can't help the words spilling out of my mouth. It's like whenever I'm with Romeo, everything in my mind is suddenly audible to everyone around me.

"Ugh..." He groans. "Nevermind. Do whatever the fûck you want." His words tinge a bit, but I know they are out of anger. So I don't pay much attention to his cussing.

"Rom-" Right then a knock on my door makes me freeze. My parents never come to my room when I'm studying.

"Blossom, open the door please, your brother missed you." The person I hate the most speaks from the other side of the door.

There isn't really an escape for me. I can't run away, I'm on the second floor and can't really jump out of the window. I can't get out of my room, push him back and run out of the house; my parents are downstairs. I can't let him just wait there also, he will get my parents involved, or will take care of the situation later. By taking care I mean bad things, very bad.

"Blossie are you there?" Romeo questions and I remain still.

"Yes, um, yeah-"